Waterproof labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellinghambrew

Reaction score
Thinking about making up some labels but is there any way to make them so they wont come off next time we sanitize the bottles? We dunk our bottles in a big bucket of sanitizer and it seems like they would just come off every batch.

FYI, If you get the Avery brand waterproof labels, you can't use them in an ink jet printer since the ink will just run off.
Ask me how I know.. hehe

Spamdog

You might try either silk screening your logo(s) onto the bottles, or (I know this sounds incredibly ghetto) try using a stencil & enamel spraypaint. I think either one will give you a waterproof finish, stay on through washing & sanitizing & be reasonably cheap. If you decide to use those inked/painted bottles for another brew, you could always cover the logo with a paper stick on label. Just a thought. Regards, GF.

Thanks gratus, those are both the kind of ideas I was looking for. The stencil and spraypaint could be just ghetto enough to be perfect. Not too worried about changing for individual brews so much as just a general brewing co label.

Latest posts

Back