Time to refinance!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
Just got a 4.875 rate on a 30-year fixed from Wells Fargo, locked in. I'm 3 years into a 10/1 ARM at a 5.875 rate and figured it's now or never. Who's with me!?:ban:

Just got a 4.875 rate on a 30-year fixed from Wells Fargo, locked in. I'm 3 years into a 10/1 ARM at a 5.875 rate and figured it's now or never. Who's with me!?:ban:

Doing the same here.

Consolidating our 1st and 2nd mortgages into a 3.5% (with points paid) rate that'll cut 15 years off our total payment if we plan right.

Guess I haven't been paying attention. I'm at a 30yr fixed @ 5.875 currently. Wonder what a 15 might look like.

nothing wrong with signing the 30 year at the better rate and paying like you would for a 15 or 20.

Our will be a 30 year but, our credit is immaculate and we have some savings cash for points to drive the rate waay down. We can just afford to pay it off in 15 rather than 30 if the deal goes through as prepared.

Yes, I'm looking at 4.625 or 4.75 for 30 yr. 15 yr rates are not better at this time it seems..... plus with the economy, better to have that smaller payment now in case the layoff boogieman comes to town.

Hard to refinance a $0.00 balance. Having a paid-off house is a very good feeling right now.

own a house in oakland? ha! i can't afford a paper box around here. at least i still have rent control working to my advantage...i just cannot ever move! ahh!!

Re-fied from 8.75 down to 4.75% a few months ago on some land.

Re-fi & pay off within 5 years as opposed to 10 years.

Love the down economy. Buying stock like its going out of style right now. Real estate too. Its amazing what 20K will buy right now in terms of houses & lots. I've bought more stuff in the last 3 months than I have in the last 10 yrs. The economy takes and up-swing & I'm golden. It keeps going down & I'll keep buying.

Win Win

Latest posts

Back