Finally vacation...and a crappy apartment...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfluent

Reaction score
I run my own buissness and usually don't get to take much time off. However, through an extraordinary chain of unfortionate events for my current client they're way behind with their parts of the project and I'm way ahead with my part so this year I'll *finally* get my long awaited for *ten week* vacation:ban:

On the downside, I just bought this epicly crappy apartment so I'll be spending most of the time fixing it. The first thing I thougt of when I first visited my soon to be new home is the toilet from the "toilet scene" from the insanely great flic "Trainspotting".

However, after I'm done restoring it to "bachelor standard extraoridnarie" it'll hopefully feel as great getting home to my place as for Mr McGregor in mentioned clip using said toilet:confused:::

/H

Last edited by a moderator:
10 Week!!! what in the hell man. I have not been on a real vacation in maybe 3-4 years. I will take 2-3 days off and get some stuff done that I had been putting off, and on occation drive to cleveland or something and do something and spend the night but thats about the extent of my vacations. Your a lucky man

10 Week!!! what in the hell man. I have not been on a real vacation in maybe 3-4 years. I will take 2-3 days off and get some stuff done that I had been putting off, and on occation drive to cleveland or something and do something and spend the night but thats about the extent of my vacations. Your a lucky man

:cross: I have to say I'm probably one of few lucky ones that actually enjoy doing what I do for a living. One of my main goals when starting my own buissness was to be able to take some extra time off. Lately, eventhough I enyouy what I do, pulling 70+ hr weeks I've felt I've been "running on my rims". Having time off and work with some practical stuff/handywork for a chage (like building a dedicated, insanely potent home cinema system myself) will be a wellcome change in my life right now. For me, that's what it's all about. Set your life ut so that you can do what you like the most...and then do it...

H

drive to cleveland:confused:

Sorry, Steeler fan

...but what about the clip?!?

Do you US people get the humor or do I have to PM orphy?

/
H

Yeah, workers in the US probably have some of the worst vacation policies in the 1st world. What does the UK, Germany, France, Australia have (as fairly standard)?... 4, 5 weeks? We're lucky to get 2. We need to do something about this!

Back