All grain tools

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick0122

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm switching from extract to all grain. I have the essentials (kettle, mash tun, wort cooler, etc...) are there any small items that you guys wouldn't do without?

A pump is a nice thing to have. It makes transferring wort from vessel to vessel, and cooling faster. I did gravity feed BIAB for a while and it is was a PITA.

Most important thing you need : a good thermometer for accurate temperature readings which are crucial when brewing all grain.

I bought the thermapen and am very happy with it.

*edit : don't forget a brewing software (beersmith or beertools), I couldn't brew withtout it !

A reliable hydrometer, Lots of good Hightemp silicone tubing, Kegs, Ph test strips, a copy of Mr. Papazians book.....oh and a good mash paddle;)

In order of importance:

0. Notebook (write everything down, you'll need these notes to tune your process)
1. Beersmith (or other equivalent)
2. Thermapen
3. Fermentation chamber (I use "Son of Fermentation Chiller")
3.5 Wort chiller
4. Good excuse to give wife to escape for 5 hours

revansCAAD8 said:
Could you recommend a certain pump?

Thanks,
Robert

I have a Chugger. March and Chugger pumps are more or less the same, but Chuggers are cheaper. Can't go wrong with either one.

Back