Need a 16 to 18 inch drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
So I need one more thing for my long draw setup to be complete, a drip tray. The cabinet I used is 18 inches across and since I have 6 taps the minimum tray size is 16 inches across while the max is 18. I can't use the one from barproducts.com since I have small kids and don't want overhang, Ideally it would just be one that would sit on top of the cabinet without having to be inset since I am not so good with wood working and would rather not ruin my cabinet.

inexpensive is key, anyone help? I have looked for a while without luck.

you can see what it needs to fin here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long-draw-salt-water-chilled-beer-tower-271578/

Due to your custom size requirements, fitting a drip tray is going to be an issue to do cheaply. If the barproducts one is too long, what about cutting it down with a tin snips, bending with a vice grips 8R and either silver soldering or even JB welding the corners back up? It may not look perfect, but I bet it will work...and be pretty cheap. Another alternative is to take an off the shelf tray to a welder and have it cut and rewelded.

I had considered going the modification route but didn't want to get something and screw it all up. I guess that might be my only option.

After seeing what you are capable of with your chiller; screwing THIS up should be the last of your worries!

Thanks for the compliment, I was hoping to find something premade, in the 20-30 dollar range. Not down for paying 60 bucks for something to catch the drips. The 19 inch one might be the way to go modification wise.

Thanks for the compliment, I was hoping to find something premade, in the 20-30 dollar range. Not down for paying 60 bucks for something to catch the drips. The 19 inch one might be the way to go modification wise.

Yeah, you can't beat that barproducts.com drip tray in price...I searched high and low. Entire kegerators have been built around it...

Back