Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ed5388 said:
I would gladly ship some your way!! Private message me if your serious and ill send some your way in a few weeks after its bottled and carbed!

I've got some cubes that have been sitting in oakheart for 8 months or so now, maybe that's what I could do with them. I was thinking a porter but that sounds awesome

Glad I could help in the idea dept! I can't take all the credit thought. I'm a huge fan of great divide's rumble and a captain Morgan fan. And lately been on a black ipa kick, so I kinda just put it all together!

Thanx to tugbucket for the template, being a grafx designer I hate reinventing the wheel. Came up with a bunch so far, some of them are done, some are not... trying to come up with a theme for the icons on the right, like the top is the main ingridient, like hops, wheat, chocolate... something that stands out, bottom will be the food pairing and etc... most of the descriptions are bogus now, but will work on that later...

galacticblack.jpg

brokenhearted.jpg

cascadepale.jpg

COFFEESTOUT.jpg

freshsqueeze.jpg

greatpumpkin.jpg

ignore the blood brush, its coming off... lol

orangewit.jpg

IMAG1800.jpg

The block printing idea is cool for large batches of a generic label for your brewery. I might try something like this but carve out everything but the words so they are black and bold. Cheers!

Suthrncomfrt1884 said:
This is the basic format of all my labels. I just switch out the name and info, and I also change the color of the rusty truck font to coordinate with whatever type of beer it is. I looks a little odd with a white backround, but I actually print it on "kraft" cardboard colored labels.

I don't take full credit for the design though. Another homebrewer on HBT gave me a bit of inspiration as far as the layout goes. I just tweaked it to my own liking.

Rusty truck brewery is a licensed brewery on the Oregon coast.

Here's what I am thinking about trying on my upcoming very first batch of homebrew...

BeerLabel3.jpg

Or...

BeerLabelBelgianLion1.jpg

Or a combination of the two...

Label1.jpg

Label2.jpg

Label3.jpg

Label4.jpg

Label5.jpg

One common theme that I am seeing while looking through this thread....there's a lot of folks with a LOT of talent. I just wish I had a pinky nail's worth of it.

Very cool. How did you make them?

I carve rubber blocks with a 'v' shaped carving blade. I had intended to do linolium blocks, but my Friendly Local Art Supply Store clued me in on a medium that didn't tend to slice one's hand open. Then I roll out my ink and apply it to the block, print a label, re-ink... etc. After they dry I spray them with "Crystal Clear" so they water-based ink doesn't run, cut them out, and apply them with milk.

I'm working on my winter gift brew as we type.

This one requires some explanation. After months of being distracted by non-brewing activities, I leaped in August to doing my first high-gravity beer modeled on "Dreadnaught" from 3 Floyds and Boneyard's "Hop Venom". I started with a Dreadnaught Clone but threw in some darker malts to move towards an Imperial Black IPA or CDA. Anyway, this may end up being my only non-Belgian (Lord of the Ales series) that I brew this year so the graphic title of "12" is fitting. This beer can not be ignored. It was challenging from the word go. After stuck fermentation and two secondaries, I have settled on a complex, super malty and hoppy brew that I am starting to LOVE! (recipe and drama here).

Anyway, I first found this artwork searching for imagery for a complex, spicy 12% "Mayan Barleywine" but I have decided to use it as for this instead. I found it over a year ago and sadly can not attribute the artwork (not like I am using it with permission, its private distribution/fun only). But if you have seen my other labels, I like giving credit to the illustrator or original character involved. Instead I went with the following quote from my favorite author:

[EDIT: I found the original artist. You can see his other work here]

“Our lives are not as limited as we think they are; the world is a wonderfully weird place; consensual reality is significantly flawed; no institution can be trusted, but love does work; all things are possible; and we all could be happy and fulfilled if we only had the guts to be truly free and the wisdom to shrink our egos and quit taking ourselves so damn seriously.” --Tom Robbins

12elve-56775.png

Here is a banner I worked up for tailgates. I've been brewing full 1/2 bbl kegs for tailgate and they float so much faster than any commercial macro or micro in the past.
The second was thrown together for a keg I brought to a boat party, that one floated before we even pushed off the dock! IDK if it's the beer or the signs, I like to think it's a little of both... :mug:

Banner Template.jpg

564875_376611499069071_511046107_n.jpg

Just made these on gimp. These are for my first two beers. Not sure which IPA label I will use. Also the abv on the stout will likely be higher.

image-1106479585.jpg

image-2019317245.jpg

image-2109001003.jpg

Decided on a new label.

This one allows bulk printing and then writing in the details of said beer.

8079854525_a6073a1fac.jpg

image is a mexican comic book hero. kinda like the lone ranger.

Airheads: Were the Lone Rangers!
DJ: Well there are three of you...you can't exactly be Lone now can you
Airheads: HUH?

TwoRiders said:
Decided on a new label.

This one allows bulk printing and then writing in the details of said beer.

Airheads: Were the Lone Rangers!
DJ: Well there are three of you...you can't exactly be Lone now can you
Airheads: HUH?

That's lucky Luke

TwoRiders said:
Fine mess with my pre concieved notions!

:)

Only place I have ever seen him is south of the border.

But then again im not a big comic book guy.

My family and I are German, my dad has the tons of these comics. Just so you know its a French/Belgium comic.

And Lucky Luke is American! Lol

My latest beer for the Halloween/Thanksgiving season:

Son of Yam.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

Later this month it will be sentenced to life in my stomach without the possibility of staying sober.

Corey_SS said:
My latest beer for the Halloween/Thanksgiving season:

Later this month it will be sentenced to life in my stomach without the possibility of staying sober.

Very cool! What did you use? Gimp?

Some child-sentiments comming back here, I grew
up with these books :) (Was born after the author
died though.)

Its a comic classic drawn in Belgium between the
40's and the 70's. Later a cartoon was made of most
of the albums.

And yeah, he's most definatly an American Lone Ranger
stereotype. Only time he sees Mexico is when chasing
'The Daltons' over and over again, the series bad guys.

Back