Homebrew to commercial keg connections?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjm1188

Reaction score
I finally bouught a kegerator and a couple corny kegs and am beginning to get into the process of kegging my beer.
I bought a single tap kegerator (I'm already regretting not springing for the dual tap), that is currently set up for commercial kegging. Before I cut off the end of the tubing to connect to the corny keg, i wanted to check if you guys know of a contraption that will allow me to reconnect to a commercial keg if I ever feel the need to have one?

yes there is such a thing, but I don't know what its called

I asked that same question at the store a week or so ago where I was looking at getting a keg setup, and they showed me the thing that you need

congrats on getting the kegerator - I hope I can join you with one of my own soon

for me it's called a screw driver.... it's not so hard to swap the corny connectors for a sanke tap... but it you want something fancy I have seen gas line and beer line quick releases. forget where to get em. someone will chime in I am sure. Personally Swapping the tap is not the longest part of swapping a keg.

Bike N Brew said:
Look here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=292504&postcount=3

Just curious...what is, then? Popping QD's off one keg and onto another takes, what, 5 seconds? Seems like anything involving a screwdriver might take a little longer?

Yeah that was poorly worded. I'm just thinking about all my days running kegs in the bar. running around with heavy kegs always seems like a pain in the ass. For HBers you are right swapping the taps is gonna take longer than anything else. But my point is that it is far from hard or time consuming.

I put MLF connectors on all my beer lines. Austin Home Brew has the adapter that then can connect a Sankey Keg Coupler to the MLF connector. No more screwdriver, but then again, with 12 cornies in the garage, I don't see a Sankey keg in my near future, but I am prepared! :D

I have four tap lines right now and leave the sanke on one of them so I can always have a guest tap. My best friend is the head brewer at a local brewery so My guest tap doesn't rotate far outside of what they are brewing. It's nice when I can pull a commercial beer and a homebrew from the same tower and talk up the virtues of DIY.

Back