Have question!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
Hey Y'all

I finally got my CO2 and regulator and got it filled yesterday. :ban:

I now have everything that I need, and my batch is ready to be transferred to the soda keg.

My question is involving the seal from the regulator to the CO2 tank. Is teflon tape ok for this fitting? I didn't notice any 0-rings in the regulator kit. The only thing that was there was a round thin piece of plastic, but doesnt' appear to have any sealing properties. I was also, going to put teflon on the soda keg, where the pin-lock post attach to the keg...Just for extra protection...it just can't hurt it!!

Any thoughts....I'm pretty excited!!!

Thanks,
IGOR

Actually, some regulators have O-rings, some use the flat plastic washer. I've heard of people tossing the washer and damaging their regulator trying to stop the leakage. I'm having fun trying to combine two regulators. I got the high pressure guage off of one, but can't get the tank line off of the other. Some left-handed gorilla must have tightened it!

David 42, some heat will breakdown thred-locker. But not so much to destroy the guts of the regulator....blow dryer? soldering iron held to the spot? Or try the other regulator, maybe it ain't so stuck?

Latest posts

Back