Draught House in Austin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to Austin with some friends to go to a Superbowl get-together. On Satuday, they've promised to take me to the "Draughthouse".

Any local impressions of the place? I'm looking forward to being able to try some Austin-area beers.

Went there once. Met up with Soper (when he was still there) and a few of the Austin Zealots.

Lots and lots of beers. Lots and lots of good/great beers.

If you have time, head out to Jester King Brewery. It's out in the hill country towards Dripping Springs. They have some unique beers.

Man I miss Real Ale and Jester King!
Yooper, grab anything from those two. I lived 20 minutes from Real Ale and they are great people making great beer. Jester King is an awesome farmhouse brewery that has spent the last several years developing their house strain. Started with a Saison strain and slowly built up the native Hill Country wild yeast and funky bugs. I've got one bottle left of the stash I brought back from the last trip home...not sure I'm gonna hold out much longer!

Yeah, you are going to dig it! Heck - you know what time? Maybe I can crash the party :) or at least buy a round.

Try to swing by ABGB while in town as well! It's off West Oltorf near Lamar.

Yeah, you are going to dig it! Heck - you know what time? Maybe I can crash the party :) or at least buy a round.

No clues! I'll PM you my phone number, assuming my phone works in Austin, and send me a text or call when you're around.

Draughthouse is good. There are also a few other good up and coming breweries like Austin Beerworks, Hops and Grain, Thirsty Planet, and Live Oak has been around awhile.

One of my favorite places in all of Austin. Hope you had a great time!

Oh, we did! There were six of us, and we're family sort of, so it meant sampling everybody's beer so that we got to sample about 18 different ones but only had to drink three pints. :D

We had lunch and beers at Red's Porch.

My favorite local beer was by Live Oak Brewing Company. I tried as many local beers as I could over the course of the day, then my friend's brother brought over a keg of his homebrew for Sunday's Superbowl party. Lots and lots of beer this weekend, that's for sure!

Sorry to have missed you!

I was promised ABGB "next time", as they weren't open Monday for lunch and we were busy on Sunday with a birthday party and then the Superbowl.

My favorite local beer was by Live Oak Brewing Company. I tried as many local beers as I could over the course of the day, then my friend's brother brought over a keg of his homebrew for Sunday's Superbowl party. Lots and lots of beer this weekend, that's for sure!

Which Live Oak did you have? We usually have their stuff at all family functions, My wife's uncle has a Diesel shop across the street and brings mini kegs (not sure of correct term) and a jockey box (Is that right?) everywhere he goes....

Back