Cascade hop replacements?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentk14

Reaction score
I am supossed to dry hop one of my brews with cascade hops but I dont have any left. I have some centennial, but what else is a good replacement for Cascade for dry aroma hopping.

I can. I have about 10 oz of it, I was just wondering if there was something better. Is it better to dry hop with pellets or whole? Oh by the way, Go Yanks haha. Cant wait for this season. I am going to New York in the beginning of July for my honeymoon and catchin a Yankee red sox game.

Brentk14 said:
I can. I have about 10 oz of it, I was just wondering if there was something better. Is it better to dry hop with pellets or whole? Oh by the way, Go Yanks haha. Cant wait for this season. I am going to New York in the beginning of July for my honeymoon and catchin a Yankee red sox game.

Hey fun in NYC, there's TONS to do...

Perle is another good choice, although a bit more grapefruit than Cascades. I use whole hops for dry hopping whenever possible.

and one more question. Should I dry hop in the secondary or keg? My last one I dry hopped in the keg and liked it, but I have never dry hopped in the secondary.

I had the same problem this week. The LHBS suggested using cenntenial but cutting them down in half because I was using them for bittering.

Back