Is there a good euphemism for "infection"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReaderRabbit

Reaction score
So far, I've had two batches of homebrew that got an infection. One I'm waiting on but the other tasted okay and surprisingly complex.

However, every time I mention that the sour flavor comes from a bacterial infection, my partner winces a little because that sounds bad. Is there a nice-sounding way to say the beer got infected?

"Nice! A rare wild yeast took hold of my beer and now its a sour ale."

Or, depending on your preference:

"This beer's got a case of the funk!" *stick both thumbs up while keeping your elbows tight to your body, "Ehhhhhhhhhh!"

They call certain infections STI's..... So I'm sure you can just say you've got a BWI "brew with infection"

Or you can tell non brewers you made it with lacto (or whatever you caught)

Just say it was brewed with an additional catalyst.

"I didn't know how this ale was going to turn out because of the extra catalyst, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the complexity."

Can you brew a beer with silicone and botox?

Well..... If th spoon is a silicon and the infection is a botulism then YES!! Haha. I was just saying that it might look good..... Might even taste ok.... But you know it's fonky dude. You know it's fonky.

They guy on the couch?

Guests that overstayed their welcome?

Or if you want to sound more official, an unintended addition

My wife's been on me to stop saying "bugs." She'd rather not know how the sour beers she likes are made.

Latest posts

Back