Michigan Predators brew day for June

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Karr

Reaction score
Guys and gals!

At the urging of eriktlupus, I've decided to offer my place as the Official Brewday location for June. The weekend of June 12 and 13 will be the only days I can offer. The 15th through the 25th, my son Ben and I will be traveling to Mexico for a mission trip from our church.

I work on Saturdays until 6pm, but it will be OK for everyone to gather earlier and get set up, then we'll brew like madmen until Sunday night.

Please post your intentions here. I still don't have enough funding for a membership renewal, so my PM box will be full all the time.

I'm located between Bangor and Covert. We are 30 miles west of Kalamazoo, about 25 miles from Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, 11 miles south of South Haven.

Let's do this!

Jim

Ouch!!! Too funny!!!

Hysterical. You're all banned.

:D

I wish I could make it! You know, I'm going to be in the neighborhood of lower Michigan in September. Wanna plan a brew day (anybody) in mid- September and I promise I'll be there. We're going to do a booze cruise, middle-aged style. Driving downstate, doing brewery tours and winery tours over the course of a week or so, staying in motels near Grand Rapids and/or Traverse City and wherever we want. If there is a brew day mid-late September (like last year!), I promise I'll come!

Keep in mind that my place is available for brewdays, too! Lots of room for campers/tents/houseguests and boats/kayaks/canoes/paddle boat provided.

Well, let's be as flexible as possible! I've got to work from 8am til 6pm on Saturday. However, if HBT'ers want to show up any time during the day on Saturday, set up their gear and brew, I'm OK with that.

After I get home, then, we'll fire up the barbecue, open some beer, and brew like madmen until dark on Sunday night. If brewers want to show up on Sunday instead, that's alright too.

I've got a monstrous front yard with space for campers and tents, if you have the desire to make it a weekend event.

Since it's been nine days since there's been any discussion here, and not many people responding in the positive, I think we need to rethink the June brewday.

I'm going to pull the plug on this one, guys. I'm really sorry if anyone has made firm plans to attend, but we'll have to look at a future date.

Thanks to those who said "yes". Maybe I can be the host for the September event that Yooper is discussing, when she plans to make a booze cruise in the fall.

Well that is a bummer. You would think with 404 members in the Michigan Mashers group alone we could get some better turnouts for brew days. :confused:

Well that is a bummer. You would think with 404 members in the Michigan Mashers group alone we could get some better turnouts for brew days. :confused:

Yeah, like the last one I went to in Rockford. Great time! But only a couple of people made it. Remember that one, Xiang? :D

Yeah, like the last one I went to in Rockford. Great time! But only a couple of people made it. Remember that one, Xiang? :D

And it was the only one I have missed out on. I think Eriklupus, FSR402, HenryHill and I are the only ones who made all of the brew days last summer. What is that saying? "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." :D

And it was the only one I have missed out on. I think Eriklupus, FSR402, HenryHill and I are the only ones who made all of the brew days last summer. What is that saying? "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." :D

Ouch!

I'm still interested in doing more of these, just have to work it into my schedule.

Nope, I missed the first one that Leo put on. :D

I was up in the air on this brew day. The whole Saturday night Sunday thing just does not work for me. I could do one but not both. Maybe if there is a Saturday that the OP is not working it could workout better.

Back