First year list of planting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch171

Reaction score
Ok so I got my order in and stopped at a local place to pick up a few that were out of stock.

This will be my first time growing hops, but I have done quite a lot of gardening and I grow orchids. So I hope I have the skills to keep these going and have a good production.

I got:
Cascade
Hallertau
Nugget
Saaz
Willamette
Zeus
Mt. Hood
Kent Golding

I hope I have success with them. Any specific tips for any of these? How about an order I should plant them for the row? Does that matter?

You can plant them all at the same time. With that many types, make certain you have good records of where you planted. It amazes me how many people don't keep track of what and where they planted.

You will have no problem....

Because you have so many varieties, you are going to need space, 4- 5ft between plants.

If it were me, to make memory easy I would plant them in Alphabetical order - seriously.

Plant well spaced , mounded up is best , good organic mix for new plants, 6-8 hrs full sun, Nitrogen pigs once established , watering 2x week 2 gallons per plant. First year take it easy on water, once shoots are up it is actually better to stress them to force bigger roots, and let all greenery grow first year - again to encourage roots.

Have fun

Latest posts

Back