First Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksosh

Reaction score
I have 2 Scottish Ales going, one's a McEwan's clone, the other is a generic boxed kit. Here's the labels I designed for them. ABV and such will be added once I know them. Comments/Suggestions appreciated.

Generic Scottish Ale:
ScottishAleLabel.jpg

McEwan's Clone:
McSociasAleLabel.jpg

The headshot I used was taken from a vacation photo of me (when I was acting like a *******), combined with a sweet scottish hat image I found on the intertubes. :D

Not bad labels. Slightly off topic here, but would you be willing to share your McEwan's clone recipe? And is it an 8% ABV brew? Regards, GF.

Not bad labels. Slightly off topic here, but would you be willing to share your McEwan's clone recipe? And is it an 8% ABV brew? Regards, GF.

It's originally 8%, but I stupidly took the advice of my LHBS and substituted 6 lbs of malt extract for the 9 lbs, so it'll probably end up much lower ABV.

The recipe was found here:
HOMEBREW Digest #1229 Mon 20 September 1993

In addition to the 6 lbs substitution, I used 120 caramel malt, and 2 oz of Northern Brewer.

I had the same temperature problem as my first Scotch Ale (fermented ~74 degrees), so it'll probably taste horrible for a few months while the flavors (hopefully) work their way out...

Back