Need Help with a label idea for a wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski_please

Reaction score
So my brother is getting married next week, and he and his fiance' asked me to brew two types of beer for them. One is a blueberry wheat for the bride and a session IPA for the groom.

Now - they REALLY wanted me to do a label using a Star Wars themed picture of them where their faces are photo-shopped on to Princess Leia and Han Solo (linked below.)

What I need help with is coming up with some Star Wars puns to describe the beers. I was thinking something along the line of "Cold filtered in frozen carbonite" - but my beer isn't filtered, so I don't think that would work. I have a little over a week to get this done.

What do you guys think? Any ideas would really help me out! :mug:

Here's the image im going to use (not edited yet) ---

star wars.jpg

Not sure how you can describe your beer with lines from star wars, or i have no imagination lol

but I think something like
"Wookieberry Wheat" or "Princess Leias blueberry bonnet" for the blueberry wheat
"Hans solo IPA" "Lukes force IPA" "Hans session ale" "The solo force ipa" for the session ipa

I like the idea and labels though!

It's hard to come up with names. I think if it was a stout or something dark then there are all kinds of names, but a blueberry wheat and a session IPA, that seems tough.

Wookie Wheat could be one and although equally lame, Imperial Pouring Army for your IPA.

I'll go back to work now. :eek:

It's hard to come up with names. I think if it was a stout or something dark then there are all kinds of names, but a blueberry wheat and a session IPA, that seems tough.

Ya, I know. I was thinking the same thing "the dark side" but I brewed what was requested :)

Was thinking of Admiral Ackbar saying "Its a draft!" but its in bottles >_<

Since the IPA is session- how about A Little Short for a Stormtrooper IPA?

Has nothing to do with the beer, but after Luke blows up the death star, Han Solo says, "Great shot kid, that was one in a million."

How about One in a Million Blue Wheat? Nice sentiment for the wedding.

"May Force-Carbonation be with you."

"He's my brother Ale"

"Dagobah Swamp Juice"

"One Hand IPA"

"Scruffy Nerf-Herder"

Best I can do on short notice.

Love the label so far! Here are some ideas of slogans/names:

Beru's Blue Milk Wheat
Use the pour Luke
May the pour be with you
Better than Kessel spice
Will make you want a death stick
Over-hopped DIPAs and barrel-aged stouts are no match for a good pale at your side, kid.
A long time ago, in a kettle far away...
If you used a single hop, "Help me Cascade, you're my only hop" or "Help me humulus lupulus, you're my only hop"
These ARE the brews you're looking for.
MillenIPA Falcon (you'd have to say ipa, instead of eye pee aye)
Alderaan Berry Wheat
beep-beep boop beep
Hmm! Stouts. Hmmpf! Porters. A Jedi craves not these things.

If I think of more I'll post them.

Here's some awful ones:
Uncle Owen IPA - kinda rolls off the tongue
IPAdawan
Trench Run IPA
Boba Fett Blueberry

The Princess and The Scoundrel (I think this makes a good name for the beers without being too punny)
The Rebel AllIPA
Han drank first
To play on another one, "Wookie Kissed Wheat"

Centennial Falcon

Ok, im using this for the IPA... its too perfect, Im just bummed out that I didnt use Falconer's Flight in it too!!!

I really want to put something like this as a description:

“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Centennial Falcon is what they drank after!"

Anything that mentions Uncle Owen should probably be a Rauchbier of some kind.

Back