Hello from So. Cal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brick_haus

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer enthusiasts,
I have been lurking for a couple months and thought I’d introduce myself, just in case I chime in on one of your threads.
My name is John. I brewed my first beer in the summer of 1978. I made 3 or 4 batches before getting married and raising my family took up any spare time that I had. My youngest son is now away in college and I have once again joined the world of “make it how you like” it beer.
I made myself a little brewery capable of brewing 10 gal batches of all grain beer and have just finished putting my fourth batch in the fermentation chamber.
I have a true love for a good IPA and my wife enjoys a more subtle taste. So it’s IPA, Blonde ale, IPA rotation for now.
I’m looking forewort to learning the fine art of creating a lager that has enough umph for me and will also satisfy the dull taste of the masses. I will, after all, need some help disposing of some of this beer so I can keep busy doing what I enjoy most, brewing.
I am a senior Lab tech at a local petroleum lab and this hobby fits right in with what I do best…
Cheers!

Welcome to the best place for the beer obssed! I made wine for years till about 30. 20 some years later,Jan '11 I decided to try brewing beer. I'm much happier now...:mug:

whats up John! I started brewing 5 gallon all grain batches a couple of months ago, and would like to try my luck at 10 gallon batches, seems like I would be getting 2x the beer for about the same effort I think? how has your beer been coming out?

My first IPA was an extract b atch that a buddy helped me out with. It was excellent! I am now drinking my first solo all grain blonde ale. It seems to be a little green but it's still OK. I'm not too fond of blonds though... I just racked my first AG IPA into kegs. FG was spot on and the taste test indicated a great beer. We'll see in a couple weeks... Just brewed my first AG Blonde yesterday and OG is right on and everything seemed to go OK with the brew. Maybe a Pale Ale next?

Yes I agree that since you have to do all the prep and clean up necessary for an AG, you might as well brew the max. capacity of your system.

Back