Need help wiring digital thermostat...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Chulo

Reaction score
I just got in my new thermostat today.I bought it off ebay for $20.I wired it all up and set all codes and it doesn't turn it off.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
wenkong1.jpg

Single Stage Controller. No need for 2 stage I live in Texas!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15060663806...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2073wt_1029
wenkong2.jpg

Temperature Measuring Range: -58 ~ 194 deg F
Control temperature range: -58 ~ 194 deg F
Temperature measuring difference: ±1 deg F
Resolution: 1 deg F
Accuracy: ± 1 deg F (-50 - 70 deg F )
Sensor Type: NTC (10K/3435)
Power Suppler : 110~120V AC
Power consumption: < 3W
Relay contact Current: Rated 5A
Data retention: Yes
Working temperature: 32 ~122 deg F
Storage temperature: -14 ~ 140 deg F
Size: 78 x 71 x 29 mm ( L*W*H )
Weight: 110 g
Install Window Size: 70 x 28 MM

How are you wiring it? You need to only run the hot wire through the load terminals and connect the neutral wire direct to the plug for the fridge. There also may be a compressor delay my 2 stage unit came preset with a 3 minute delay.

Hot & neutral will be shorted when it cycles on. Don't do it. Terminals 1 & 2 function as a switch. Hot in on 1 / Hot out to compressor on 2.

ill try that, it did that earlier hopefully it's not fried that i can tell.so hot 1&2 neutral 3&4?

raouliii said:
No. Hot on 1 & 3. Neutral on 4 & silver screw of receptacle. 2 connected to gold screw.

I will mess with it tomorrow . Not turning on anything .

There's a diagram in the ebay temp controller thread. Should be a link in the last page or 2 on single stage controller.

well it kicks on and says work, I've got the delay set to 1 min and nothing comes on for well after 5 min or more. So im assuming its fried and im off to ebay or china to get a new one. that suxs. I had power when it was working earlier but it was just constant the exact opposite. just out of curiosity is the hot on 1 and hot on 3 be tied together or should hot 0n 3 go straight to the plug on hot side gold screw?

just turns off power to the controller because it wont be hot till it switches on ...duh.tried switching power to the switching 1 and 2 around buyt no success .EBAY here i come..

hot on 1, neutral 2, neutral on 3, hot on four.

Do NOT wire it this way. 1 and 2 do not get a hot and neutral. That is the switching leg of the controller. Think of 1 and 2 being wired like a light switch on the wall. If more explanation is needed, perhaps a friend can help you wire this.

just out of curiosity is the hot on 1 and hot on 3 be tied together or should hot 0n 3 go straight to the plug on hot side gold screw?

Terminals 3&4 are simply power to the controller, one hot and one neutral, doesn't matter which is which. Terminals 1&2 are two sides of a relay (switch) that gets turned on and off by the unit. Think of it like a controlled interruption of power to the outlet/fridge. Also doesn't matter which side is which, but one should be incoming hot from the wall, and the other outgoing hot to the outlet/fridge. Maybe this diagram will help-

7028-single-stage.jpg

Terminals 3&4 are simply power to the controller, one hot and one neutral, doesn't matter which is which. Terminals 1&2 are two sides of a relay (switch) that gets turned on and off by the unit. Think of it like a controlled interruption of power to the outlet/fridge. Also doesn't matter which side is which, but one should be incoming hot from the wall, and the other outgoing hot to the outlet/fridge. Maybe this diagram will help-

7028-single-stage.jpg

+1 on this diagram. Nicely done JuanMoore.

7028-single-stage.jpg

Good Diagram and explanation . It's a common confusion to take this controller as a power source instead of an automatic switch (relay)

Back