Just when you think your kids aren't listening ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My older daughter, Maddie, is 8. She is a great kid in most regards but has a habit of being a little selfish. Not brat selfish but selfish enough to concern us. She wrote two letters to Santa, further reinforcing our beliefs.

She eventually wrote a third to which she hoped for a response. She has been checking the mail daily for a response. Well, Santa finally got around to reading it today.

It reads:

"Dear Santa,
I know that I won't get all the presents I asked for. Mabey (sic) it will give you an idea for what to give girls that don't have toys. What I really want is the movie "The Sound of Music." The other toys I don't really care if I get them."

Turns out she has heard us when we talked to her about being selfish. Given the spirit of the season, this letter brought a tear to my eye.

I learned today that our kids do hear us. They do listen.

Merry Christmas.

:)

That's awesome. I'm glad there are some great kids out there. Keep up the good work :mug: :

Awwwww....what a sweetie! Tryin' to change her evil ways already. And an excellent choice of gift, if having to choose just one!

But I'm reasonably certain Santa will pony up for more than one old movie, right?

Awwwww....what a sweetie! Tryin' to change her evil ways already. And an excellent choice of gift, if having to choose just one!

But I'm reasonably certain Santa will pony up for more than one old movie, right?
Santa was rather good to her. She deserves it, as does her sister. They're good kids.

Sap. You got played.
Thank you for your input.

Aw man, playing head games at such a young age. My 4 year old daughter tries to guilt trip me, daughters watch their mothers to figure out how to manipulate dad.
Not here. Mom and dad are united front.

But I thank you both for assuming you know my daughter.

Yeah, I think you just need to admit it: she is smarter than you. The next 10 years are going to suck. Good luck.
:cross:

She is smarter than me. Of that there is little doubt. As for the next 10 years, I'll take them a day at a time and enjoy every last one of them, as trying as some of them may be. :)

Back