Finally got the new floor in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potter1

Reaction score
I've been working on getting a new floor for the 1100 ft2 dining room where I live/work. Today, it is FINISHED :ban:

Put down Allure Trafficmaster flooring. Went down like a dream, looks like tile, and has a 25 year warranty.

Would put up pics, but no camera at the moment:(

Just thought I'd share. Gonna have a beer with lunch to celebrate!

Still working on my new floors
Living Room:
2d092d82.jpg

Living Room:
50051b92.jpg

Kitchen:
2fc6aa4c.jpg

Living Room into the Kitchen:
eaff25eb.jpg

Brought the floor up onto the stair rail:
693e458c.jpg

Upstairs Landing going in:
595ced20.jpg

Knocked out a 4' sheetrock knee wall and replaced with a balastrade:
7e933689.jpg

Still have the office to do and downstairs half bath. I've also been replacing all baseboards from 2.5" to 4.5" replaced all door trim from 2.5" to 3.5" added trim and sills to all the windows, and finished off with 4.5" crown and new paint.

Ya need to provide pics ;)

Grimtas that looks awesome. New floors are on my list for some time. We have crappy laminate that keeps popping on seams.

Grimtas,

How are you planning to run your AV cables in this pic? I am considering a similar build(not in the corner) with surrounding shelves. Then route the cable inside the walls.

I was thinking of running PVC conduit myself.

50051b92.jpg

BTW, great job on the floors and trim!

The fireplace in that pic used to have 12" tile suround. I replaced it with the stone work. As for the av run I have pwr down both sides of the fireplace. I'm going to tap off one of them. I'll also put in an av plate behind the tv as my components will be relocated in the coat closet. I'll run the av cables to the closet under the floor through the crawl space. The kitchen is behind the fireplace so I'm planning access behind the lower cabinets in the kitchen.

Grimtas, you had to build a subfloor to put the flooring on?

Nope the floor is comprised of engineered I-beams with 3/4" OSB on top. I did have to remove the linoleum and the luan to get the floors to even up without using a transition (This required taking apart the entire kitchen to run the flooring wall to wall). The rest was just a spot check 8' level to find the high and low spots. The high spots were belt sanded down and the low spots a small amount of filler applied to bring up to correct height. Anything greater then 1/4" over 8' was addressed. Took the time to walk the complete subfloor to find the squeaks and tightened up the subfloor with deck screws to the joist to remove any squeaks. After all that a simple layer of 15# felt and went to town nailing down the floor. I'm in a fairly dry area and all floors are above grade with a crawlspace with a reletive humidity of ~15-20% year round I didn't need a moisture barrier other then the felt.

Got some of the stair case done this weekend.
Landing:
d8c08433.jpg

Stairs:
ba9dbc3a.jpg

I think I might have hijacked this thread. Sorry OP but had the pics already ;)

Back