Down the drain.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've just binned my first ever brew.

It's an IPA I did a few months ago and I had no spare corny so it went in a plastic pressurised barrel. It never carbed and never tasted too good.
I thought I'd try and reprime and put in a cornie. When I opened it it looked liked it had small bits of paper floating in it.

I'm not even going to attempt to rescue it so it's down the drain.
I'm just thinking that because it didn't carb it may of drawn air in due to a leaking cap or on draw back through the tap.

Not missed any how.
It just means I better get brewing soon. I only have 20 pints left.

Good riddance to bad beer!

Life is to short and the liver can only handle so much, so why waste it on bad beer. I would rather dump a bad batch and get the next one going it just makes more sense then choking it down.

20 pints ain't gonna last, I think you're in danger of homebrew withdrawal.

One of the batches I've dumped was just not worth drinking and sometimes I'll end up dumping the last gallon or so, because I NEED to brew.

Yep.

If I get a beer in the pub that is not right they get it back. So I ain't gonna drink it at home.

Like all bad workmen, I'll put it down to the tools. Two things to think about. Do I shell out $140 on two more cornies and do I dump the old barrel on ebay to get some $$$$ back or do I give it away.

Waldo said:
Good riddance to bad beer!

Life is to short and the liver can only handle so much, so why waste it on bad beer. I would rather dump a bad batch and get the next one going it just makes more sense then choking it down.

Hallelujah! If it doesn't taste good..I'm not going to bottle it. Life's too short to worry about 15 or 20 bucks for a batch.

Dan

Orfy, is that euros? Wonder how much it'd cost to ship one across the pond. They the same as our types here? Sorry 'bout the beer. Been there.

Back