• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to trade.. Beers for beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
There are a couple local breweries around here that are making some good beer.. like peace tree and madhouse just to name two.. well i'd like to trade some of their beers for some three Floyd's.. straight across trade.. sender pays postage.. really looking for the Alpha King.. want to try some and make clone for summertime.. thanks for reading...
i'm in des moines iowa.. if you know of any other brews you would like to try i send them...

You could take a day trip to Wisconsin or Illinois to get it (I must be crazy because I really thought I saw some in Iowa). Peace Tree is awesome, especially their Double IPA, they need to stop teasing us with a seasonal release of that beer. Madhouse I didn't really care for so much but I've only had one of their beers. Anyway, obviously I live in Iowa so I won't be much help to you. Good luck!

agree with the Madhouse statement.. but peace just poset this 2 days ago...

"Imperial Stout hitting the stores in ames, Des Moines, Indianola, Ankeny today.Cheers"

I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip. For anyone who stumbles in here, if you see Peace Tree buy it.

had one last night a 11/10... very very dark.. can't see any light through it.. nose is soft so i thought it was going to be without taste.. low carbonation.. but the taste.. well it's very full flavor.. nice coffee taste all the way from front to back..with a finish of chocolate..and a prefect amount of bitter.. for a 10 ABV you have done an amazing job of hiding that.. over-all good job brewing that one.. will be telling people to say away from this one because that means more for me.. 9.5 on a scale of 10.. :)

One thing I cant figure out with Peacetree, is they distribute all over state, except the Quad Cities? I was transferred to Pella for a couple months and was in their brewpub every thrusday, and asked the guys there about it and they seemed to show no interest in bring it over here, which I couldnt figure out. But all their beers are real good, except the Red.

I didn't think the red was bad. It's one for the masses and I think it succeeds. Perhaps no one in the quad cities is interested in carrying their beer or maybe it's not a very good craft market. Awfully weird though.

YES..i get about everything from beer crazy..good guys there..even if i shop the internet..they are very competitive on pricing..

and i didn't know there was any bars in pella?? LOL

I didn't think the red was bad. It's one for the masses and I think it succeeds. Perhaps no one in the quad cities is interested in carrying their beer or maybe it's not a very good craft market. Awfully weird though.

Honestly they just didnt sound to interested, and there's a great micro/brewpub sceen here, we have 4 brewpubs and one micro.

Honestly they just didnt sound to interested, and there's a great micro/brewpub sceen here, we have 4 brewpubs and one micro.

That's too bad. Hope they're not afraid of the competition. What's the micro there?

Gear101, once I found beer crazy I quit shopping elsewhere. I used to get my supplies from Midwest but not anymore. Great staff and great beer. You probably already know but if you ever get to Iowa City you should swing through John's Grocery, they have the best selection of craft beer in the state.

John's Grocery is an awesome beer shop.

Great River Brewery is the micro.

Is it good? Do they sell in Des Moines? Don't think I've ever heard of them.

Since you live over in the quad cities why don't you grab some three floyds and trade with the OP for some peace tree? Up to you guys but just an idea.

Back