Red Beet Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleRainbow

Reaction score
I have looked online for a recipe for beet wine and come across a few. Most of the recipes call for spreading yeast on a piece of toast and floating it in the primary. This sound more like a prison recipe to me. Any feedback on a recipe would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Keller (jackkeller.net) has a good recipe for beet wine. His recipes are all great- no prison hooch type recipes at all! I'd put a link in, but I'm on dial up at my cottage and it'd take all night to find it and then post it here! Just go to jackkeller.net, find the "wine" pages and then go to "requested recipes". Beet wine is in there, and it's a winner! His site is the best on winemaking, so take a look at some of the info he has on yeast strains and techniques as well while you're there. It's kind of hard to navigate at first, but always check the very bottom, and that will have the buttons you need to click to get around on his site.

Hey Yooper thanks so much for the fast response, i think ill give the heavy bodied wine a try. There seems to be a lot of good things to read on this site. I am new to wine making but very excited about this new hobby.

Hey Yooper thanks so much for the fast response, i think ill give the heavy bodied wine a try. There seems to be a lot of good things to read on this site. I am new to wine making but very excited about this new hobby.

Wine is great! It's the perfect hobby for procrastinators, so try to cultivate some patience because it'll serve you well in winemaking. The waiting really is the hardest part- Tom Petty must have been a winemaker.

Back