Built my brewstand today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jajabee

Reaction score
It's sturdy, too! :) Thanks to everyone who's posted photos of 2x4 brewstands, they helped a lot with the planning for this.

3552931264_df87577557.jpg

3552931302_0c135d4317.jpg

3552931328_0ea5cf2a32.jpg

I am planning on something very similar as I have the same burner and MLT (minus the thermometer).

However, where my design is going to differ is my 8 gallon brew pot is going to "retire" to being a HLT with a burner underneath, and a new 10 or 15 gallon brewpot will be on the burner.

I have a CFC built and need to get a March pump...a few hoses and quick disconnects and I think I will be set. Just not sure how all of this is going to pan out yet...

Need a bigger place than my 2nd story apartment tho...

It's sturdy, too! :) Thanks to everyone who's posted photos of 2x4 brewstands, they helped a lot with the planning for this.

Looks good! If you aren't already, I'd highly suggest giving it a few coats of stain or something to seal it with. This will make it easier to clean up and keep it looking nice and clean for a long time.

Thanks Jeff! I was thinking about this, but I worried that spraying something flammable on it would increase the chances of spontaneous combustion. :) Am I being silly? I'd love to coat it with something to keep it clean, I know it's going to be covered with drips and gunk soon enough.

Looks nice, I plan on doing the same type once I get my HLT built (finally got the cooler for it:D) and determine final heights for everything.

Haha, nooooo, I'm done with big purchases for now! ;)

Ha, I bet you are planning on v2.0 already. Did you put the sight glass and thermometer in between those pics?

Looks great, giving me inspiration. :mug:

EDIT: Never mind, on the last pic the tubing from the IC looked like a sight glass and the pic above I didn't notice the thermometer stuck in.

Ha, I bet you are planning on v2.0 already. Did you put the sight glass and thermometer in between those pics?

Looks great, giving me inspiration. :mug:

EDIT: Never mind, on the last pic the tubing from the IC looked like a sight glass and the pic above I didn't notice the thermometer stuck in.

The sightglass I think you're seeing is one of the chiller hoses and you can see teh thermometer in all the pictures, it just sticks out a few inches from the cooler hiding in in the side view shots.

*edit* you caught it*

Yeah, it's a crazy long thermometer, need to replace it with a shorter thicker one at some point. A sightglass would be nice, but I'm trying to keep the cleaning to a bare minimum (the main reason I wanted this stand was to save time hauling everything in and out of the garage in 10 trips).

I am having to try not to think about how nice a motorized Barley Crusher would be, though.... ;) and yeah, a CFC and pump would speed things up...... damnit! :D

Okay, I'm going to go try to improve the knurl on my pasta machine grain mill so it doesn't take an hour and a half to crush my grain. After which I'll probably give up and run down to the LHBS to trade my firstborn for a Barley Crusher. :)

Yeah, it's a crazy long thermometer, need to replace it with a shorter thicker one at some point. A sightglass would be nice, but I'm trying to keep the cleaning to a bare minimum (the main reason I wanted this stand was to save time hauling everything in and out of the garage in 10 trips).

SNIP :)

Hey Jaja,

How did you install the Thermo? Does it leak at all?

Cheers
TC

very nice! Compact also and the thing looks pretty sturdy! Are you planning on painting it?

I used the Thermothingy kit from Midwest, works fine! The thermometer I got from them is way too long and skinny, too skinny for the thermothingy, I think, so it leaked on the first test, but a quick redo with some teflon tape fixed it up.

And yeah, I'm planning on staining it with some deck stain or something, try to keep it from rotting before its time. :)

Back