Any Golf Fans out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
I'm planning on brewing a beer especially for the Masters in April. I'd like to do a style or come up with a cool appropriate name for the beer. The tournament is obviously played in Augusta Georgia every year, but that's not helping me come up with a style.

I was thinking of calling it Amen Corner Ale. If you're a golf fan, you get it.

What should I brew???

I suggest a Light Scotch Ale, with some type of spring flavors from some hops (not sure what types.)

All great ideas, but I would go with the American pale. As far as the name, you could call it Amen Corner. How about something for Tigers return? I don't know...I'm not that creative :drunk:

whats better than golf and beer? not much i can think of! i would do some sort of Scottish beer, not sure what i would call it.

9 iron ale
19th hole porter
double eagle ale
little red ale

ummmmm.......should i keep going?

I'll be at the masters and now i guess i'm gonna have to save my Wee Heavy Scotch Ale for the event. LOL What about an IPA. Somthing grassy. Sounds crazy but if you have ever walked on the grass there it is the nicest on the earth. I had to stop and rub my hands on it the first time i was there three years ago. Agusta's Groundsmen Turf IPA

I'll be at the masters and now i guess i'm gonna have to save my Wee Heavy Scotch Ale for the event. LOL What about an IPA. Somthing grassy. Sounds crazy but if you have ever walked on the grass there it is the nicest on the earth. I had to stop and rub my hands on it the first time i was there three years ago. Agusta's Groundsmen Turf IPA

I was there for all four days last year and in 2005. Best experiences of my entire life. I'm jealous you're going this year. I don't think the tickets are going to happen for us again this year.

You're so right about the turf. Our first time there in 2005, I couldn't get over how green everything was. I kept touching the fairways when we crossed over a hole as well:)

Maybe that's it. I could brew an American Pale and dye it green or something:rockin:

i would rather play golf than watch golf, but i wouldn't mind making a trip to the masters!

So, any considerations or reasons I shouldn't dye my beer green?

It's not going to cause an off flavor or change the beer right? Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure. Anyone dyed their brew before?

Magnolia brown... in honor of the amazing Magnolia Lane

The main driveway leading from Washington Road to the course's clubhouse. The lane is flanked on either side by 61 magnolia trees, each grown from seeds planted by the Berckman family in the 1850s. Magnolia Lane is 330 yards (300 m) long and was paved in 1947

So, any considerations or reasons I shouldn't dye my beer green?

It's not going to cause an off flavor or change the beer right? Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure. Anyone dyed their brew before?

i know people have done this without causing any off flavors. Just make sure you do it at the end of the process. For instance, put a small drop into each bottle.

Back