First beer in fifteen years.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ControlTech

Reaction score
I'm about to brew my first batch in almost fifteen years. Doing all extract for now. Starting with a basic pale ale.

Was wondering if there is a recipe for a light beer like Stella Artrois. Hoping to get my GF to take part in my hobby. She tends to prefer Miller lite or Bud light. Got to get her to enjoying a real beer.:mug:

Any advice is welcome.

Welcome back to the addiction, and welcome to HBT.

Look here for a recipe that suits you. Also, before I found this site, I used Google to find recipes, which brought me to the link I provided. You can also try your LHBS to see what they have.

Good luck, and give us an update when you brew your first batch.

Any Lite beer will be hard using extracts. I think the flavor has never been very good, and the color is hard to get right because of all of the darkening that the malting process adds.

However, you can make a "wit" beer with 50% extra Pale, or Pilsner DME, and 50% Light Wheat DME. Pitch American Yeat (Notty or S-05) and ferment cool. Boil 1 oz of Orange Peel and up to 1 oz of Crushed Coriander last 10-15 minutes.

Bam! Blue Moon!

<<Welcome back to the addiction, and welcome to HBT.>>

Thank you. And you are quite correct. It's more than a hobby, It's an addiction! (Might be a good tag line).

Thanks for the link too. I will check it out.

Plan to visit the LHBS to purchase supplies on Saturday. May brew on Sunday.

<<Any Lite beer will be hard using extracts. I think the flavor has never been very good, and the color is hard to get right because of all of the darkening that the malting process adds.>>

I agree, that's why I'm asking around. But your Witbier sounds good!

Nanofreak--Thanks for the welcome and the link!

Well, i finally did it! Work finally slowed down a bit, so I brewed a brown ale last week. It just went into secondary and it looks good. it seems kinda thin, but that's to be expected with just one can of extract and some sugar and hops. But it was still fun to brew again.

I can tell you that with just a can of extract, some sugar and hops, all you'll get in the end is...

beer.

Welcome back. :D

Now comes the best part-experimenting! Take your favorite commercial beer and check the recipes section for an extract clone. Or if the brown you made isn't enough to sway your significant other, fruit beers always seem to do the trick.

Well, i finally did it! Work finally slowed down a bit, so I brewed a brown ale last week. It just went into secondary and it looks good. it seems kinda thin, but that's to be expected with just one can of extract and some sugar and hops. But it was still fun to brew again.

Now you need to brew another batch. The primary is waiting to be filled again. Keep it happy, and you'll be happy. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back