Favourite beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinor86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What is your favourite beer? It's a simple question, right to the subject and no fooling around.

What is your favourite beer and why? Because of alcohol degree? Because it tastes better? Different than other beers?

Mine is Heineken, it's a nice 5% and it tastes good...to me :mug:

Cheers.

COLO....I guess you drink a lot of beers if you're having a hard time, ok....then give me your 3 favourite beers then.

FoundersDoubleTrouble.jpg

Well right now anyway...

Can I do best three? Too many totally different styles to narrow it down.....

Fuller's London Porter.
Spaten Optimator.
Red Hook ESB
Pez.

Dutchess de Bourgonge for a couple of years now. Every time I take a sip, my tastebuds scream "Thats what the perfect beer tastes like" don't know why, but its just spot on for me.

Well, I've decided . . . . . . . . . . . I haven't found my favourite yet.

There are so many beers I love, I also love trying all manner on beers, I even get enjoyment from sampling beers that I know from experience have been nasty in the past. I guess for me it's more about the beer journey than it is any single beer.

Keep on brewing my friends:mug:

Well, I've decided . . . . . . . . . . . I haven't found my favourite yet.

There are so many beers I love, I also love trying all manner on beers, I even get enjoyment from sampling beers that I know from experience have been nasty in the past. I guess for me it's more about the beer journey than it is any single beer.

Keep on brewing my friends:mug:

I think COLObrewer hit the nail on the head right there...people ask me what I want for birthday's and whatnot. I tell them, buy me a new beer I've never had. The typical response is, "But, what if you don't like it? I don't want to get you a beer you don't like."
To which I say, "What if it is amazing?" Sampling a new beer is exciting, even when I think the beer sucks lol. It's about the journey.

Anyway, topic at hand...top beer?
- Three Floyds GumballHead

My list is too long. It's too much of an argument to whip up a top 5. Brasserie de Rocs Triple Imperiale, Alesmith Speedway Stout and Old Numbskull, Great Divide Hercules, Weihenstephaner Vitus....I'll stop there in my brain before the internal arguments start.

FoundersDoubleTrouble.jpg

Well right now anyway...

+1 I'll be hitting that tomorrow! However, I constantly change my favorite because I like variety.

Bell's Hopslam is a treat, but not one I'd drink every day. Bell's Two-Hearted? Maybe.

Then again, Founders KBS is amazing too. And sometimes a light Pale Ale hits the spot at that moment.

I guess if I had to pick three right now it would be:

Bells Hopslam
Founders KBS
Michigan Brewing Company's Celis White

gonna have to be westmalle trappist ale, samuel smiths oatmeal stout, and pretty much any IPA. I love that stuff

1. Hoegaarden -Subtle fruit notes. Perfect alcohol %. Not pasteurized, bottle conditioned goodness. What else is there? For me there's no better beer in the world.
2. Saison Dupont- Champagne like. Complex. Old school brewing from a farmhouse brewery in Belgium. Superb.
3. "TBA"

Bells THA - its just that damn good

schlitz - when I'm planning on consuming in quantity and on the cheap, without totally sacrificing all flavor

Weasel boy black IPA - i can only get it in OH and when i can find it on tap, they don't bottle, so there's a bit of a mistique attached to it for me...and its tasty

+1 I'll be hitting that tomorrow! However, I constantly change my favorite because I like variety.

Bell's Hopslam is a treat, but not one I'd drink every day. Bell's Two-Hearted? Maybe.

Then again, Founders KBS is amazing too. And sometimes a light Pale Ale hits the spot at that moment.

I guess if I had to pick three right now it would be:

Bells Hopslam
Founders KBS
Michigan Brewing Company's Celis White

Turns out Mich has some damn good breweries! Have a couple for me! :mug:

I just had Michigan Brewing's Double IPA a couple days ago (I think it's only on tap at the brewery), and I think I'd have to nominate that for the "best damn thing I've ever tasted award". I mean, MBC's stuff hasn't really impressed me all that much in the past, but I think that IPA was even better than Hopslam. Seriously. And I love me some Hopslam.

Other than that, the beers that come to mind when I think of my favs are Bell's Third Coast Old Ale, and Dark Horse's blueberry stout. But there are just too many beers to call any one my favorite. It's just that, every time I crack a bottle of that old ale or that stout, I have that reaction of "OMFG this is sooooooooooo good......."

I haven't found my favorite yet but I know what I'm looking for... a perfect blend of Belgian wit and IPA with just a hint of maltiness and bready yeast flavors.:mug:

Too many to choose from....

1. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
2. Full Sail Pale Ale
3. Stone Self Righteous
4. Anything I brew haha

My favorite is whatever is in front of me...

Right now:
South Addison Brewing: Separation Pale Ale (Drinking now)
Rogue: White Crane Bitter (Had 2 with lunch)
New Glarus: Spotted Cow (4 bottles left in the fridge from my last trip to WI)

One of my all time favorites though is Blue Point Brewing: Rastafa Rye

My go to Commercial has been DFH 60 min IPA (had to take a break from it for a couple weeks), and their India Brown.
My new favorite "treat" beer is Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I think that is one of the tastiest beers I have ever had!

Mönchshof Schwarzbier - I love everything about it. I had a really good Newcastle a few weeks ago that really hit the spot, and I've been a bit obsessed with it since then.

Hmmmm, lately it's been Old Peculiar, Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout, Indica India Pale Ale, and, as always, Anchor Steam.

Since the weather has warmed up, I can't seem to get enough Two Hearted Ale. I just love the malt backbone on this one. It starts with that nice, hop bite but then moves on to a really nice, sweet caramel, toffee, almost butterscotch maltiness, then finishes very crisp and clean. There is a reason this beer is considered one of the best IPAs around.

Back