New label for my American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Here's my latest label for an American Pale Ale currently in the secondary.

Pale Rider APA.jpeg

Definitely one of my favorite Clint Eastwood movies...the label looks good. "American Pale Ale" seems just a bit small and understated though. I found a great website with free fonts listed by category. Here's the link directly to the western style fonts (3 pages of 'em). A good western style font would make it absolutely perfect.

http://www.1001fonts.com/fonts_overview.html?page=1&category_id=28&preview_text=

These are all great suggestions. I can't work on it tonight but will definitely make some changes. Thanks for the link to the fonts, that's pretty cool.

I swear I'm computer illiterate. I can't figure out how to download those fonts to my computer. I've had a few Elysian Pale Ales tonight though at SWMBO's company party. (That's my excuse) Anyway, made a couple changes.

Pale Rider 3.jpeg

Great label! The spacing for the first few letters in 'American' looks much better in the second one.

Brewtopia said:
I swear I'm computer illiterate. I can't figure out how to download those fonts to my computer. I've had a few Elysian Pale Ales tonight though at SWMBO's company party. (That's my excuse) Anyway, made a couple changes.

View attachment 703

At what point are you having a problem with the fonts? Are you able to download them to your computer and get them unzipped? Are you unsure how or where to install them? It's actually pretty easy to do and I swear using one of those fonts for the "American Pale Ale" would make your label killer. The "Pale Rider" font is already good; because it's alot like the movie logo.

In a worst case scenario, tell me which font or fonts you really like, and I'll email them directly to you, already unzipped, with instructions on how to install them.

I am not sure I like the Naked City logo where it is. I kind of liked the negative space above the group of guys but I don't really have a suggestion for a relocation. Maybe a pin on the stip of his hat? I know it would be small....

Quality label :D It's a tough call trying to place that brewery logo, but I think it's at best where it is, there's no other place it can really go without obstructing the text or the focal point. Maybe extend the label and add recipe/details/brew and bottle date/ humorous government warning etc with the logo?

punk, you just made my day with that label.
Brilliant!

Or, what Clint would say after a few pints o' the Guinness.
:rockin:

zoebisch01 said:
I am not sure I like the Naked City logo where it is. I kind of liked the negative space above the group of guys but I don't really have a suggestion for a relocation. Maybe a pin on the stip of his hat? I know it would be small....

If you made the image a little less wide, and put a black edge (about 1/2" wide) along one side, you could easily place the logo there and even have room for a written description of the beer, a warning or a upc code. You can get the general idea from the image.

r_lagunitas_freak_out.jpg

This is all great stuff. I'm going to work on it some more tonight (after I make a yeast starter for my Strong Belgian).

A few changes. Figured out how to download the fonts. Also added a text box to the left. Haven't decided what I'm going to put in there yet. Thanks everyone for your input.

Pale Rider APA2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back