I think I need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
To build a brew shed . garage is filling up fast with brewing stuff... 6 of the 7 cornelius kegs I just bought. I removed the rubber cap and it looks like they just put some epoxy on it to seal the original taps. I am going to take the sanke tap out and clean them this weekend.

And just a shameless picture of the red ale I bottled

sanke.jpg

sanke1.jpg

cheers.jpg

If you are turning these back into regular cornie kegs it might be better to try and sell the ones you have and buy regular cornies. I've seen a lot of people looking for cornies switched to a sanke tap and you might get more for them than a regular cornie.

conpewter said:
If you are turning these back into regular cornie kegs it might be better to try and sell the ones you have and buy regular cornies. I've seen a lot of people looking for cornies switched to a sanke tap and you might get more for them than a regular cornie.

I am going to use them as is. I wanted the Sanke taps so it will a very portable set up just need a picnic Tap .

Ah ok I understand, I had thought you were going to re-convert them!

Having those will definitely be useful for taking over to a friends house or such.

What make is that twin crotch rocket in the background?

conpewter said:
Ah ok I understand, I had thought you were going to re-convert them!

Having those will definitely be useful for taking over to a friends house or such.

What make is that twin crotch rocket in the background?

Never had the Fatboy called a crotch rocket before. Its an 03 Harley Fatboy.

Ah sweet, couldn't see where your pegs were but the seat looked tipped forward, I have not gotten into harleys yet, mostly 70's 80's yamaha or kawasaki

Glad to see they arrived ok in my makeshift boxes. I didn't know about that on the posts. sorry. They must have done that since they weren't using them. You won't need those posts if you're keeping them as is. That's prolly why they were plugged. I need to go check remaining 5 now. Sorry bout that. If i'd had known I woulda mentioned it.

IrregularPulse said:
Glad to see they arrived ok in my makeshift boxes. I didn't know about that on the posts. sorry. They must have done that since they weren't using them. You won't need those posts if you're keeping them as is. That's prolly why they were plugged. I need to go check remaining 5 now. Sorry bout that. If i'd had known I woulda mentioned it.

Not a problem at all. I would rather have the Sanke Tap. The ports mean nothing I was just showing how they were converted

When you clean these you just fill with oxiclean, then starsan.
I did this with the ones I plan on using but since I can't see down into them I'm stil worried about pouring perfectly good beer into them incase they're not clean.

IrregularPulse said:
When you clean these you just fill with oxiclean, then starsan.
I did this with the ones I plan on using but since I can't see down into them I'm stil worried about pouring perfectly good beer into them incase they're not clean.

Know any mechanics? borescopes are a great tool I think HD has one for 199$ my son has one like this

borescope.jpg

Back