Hard Lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenbird

Reaction score
Hello.
I just made a batch of hard lemonade and I followed the recipe exactly. Being new I don't know what to expect and how the mix should look. I'm using a micro brew kit I got a few years ago. The mix I'm using is in a 5gallon jug with a valve on top. Should I use this valve or just tape a bag over the top? What should it look like during the fermenting process, right now theres a lot of foam on top, is that normal or did I screw it up? Any help would be awesome. Thanks a ton

Greenbird

I'm not sure about your jug, a picture might help. I haven't made hard lemonade before but foam on top is pretty standard when fermenting beer. I would think that the same would hold true for hard lemonade.

Here's the Recipe:

2 Packets of Active dry yeast

1-2 Cups Sugar

6-8 Lemons

1 Gallon of lukewarm water

Mix the ingredients together in the jar, cut the lemons up bout 6 slices a lemon or so, throw those in and it says it should take anywhere from up to 3-7 days to brew. Hopefully I did everything right, I'm looking forward to tasting it.

One other thing, when do I know the lemonade is done?

thanks for all the help

Greenbird

Greenbird said:
One other thing, when do I know the lemonade is done?
I'd think the same way you can tell if any fermentation is done,
stable gravity readings 3 days apart. (you will need a hydrometer)

Back