• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miscellaneous Brewing Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperbrew

Reaction score
Recently went through my brewing supplies and pulled out the items I either don't use/don't need/have duplicates of. If you wish to purchase the entire lot, I would be more than happy to work out a discounted deal. Also, please post any questions via this thread as my HBT mailbox fills up pretty quickly. If you are definitely interested in purchasing any/all, then feel free to send a PM. As you'll notice, I tried to do a little research on the current price of each item, looking at two sources that typically have the best prices: MoreBeer and Amazon.

SOLD- 6.5 gallon Glass Carboy - has rarely been used as I typically only ferment one batch at a time and this has been a backup. It comes with a strip thermometer, carboy stopper with drilled hole, 3-Piece Airlock plus I will throw in a carboy cap for free since it's actually too large for any of my carboys. Not sure if it got stretched out or what, but it may fit another carboy you own. Per MoreBeer's website, the prices new are: carboy ($39.99) + stopper ($1.50) + Thermometer ($3.50) + Airlock ($1.15) = $46.14. I will sell all of this plus the carboy cap for $35. Also, I used a glass etching solution to mark the gallon lines. This makes it easy to determine the amount of beer fermenting, and in no way compromises the strength of the glass.

SOLD Sper Refractometer (Model# 30001) - this is brand new, all pieces still in the original wrappers. Comes with: plastic carrying case with foam insert, calibration tool, pippette, calibration solution (or cleaning solution...not sure which one), and a cleaning cloth. Range is 0-32 Brix, resolution is .2% and accuracy is +/- .2%. Sperdirect.com and Amazon sell this for $53.75 +$8 shipping ($61.75 total). I'll sell for $50 shipped.

Bottle Capper - bottle capper is used, but still functions fine. MoreBeer sells the capper for $15.95 (item B480). I'll sell for $8.

SOLDBrewing Salts - 5.2 Stabilizer and bag of Burton Water Salts - The Stabilizer has been used for about 2-3 brews, so there is still quite a bit left. I believe the Burton Salts are meant to be dissolved in 5 gallons of water. A tub of 5.2 Stabilizer is $12.50; I'll sell both salts for $6.

SOLDBottle Filler - plastic wand with spring tip, which allows you to easily fill bottles from the bottom up. There is some sticker residue at the top of wand where the barcode sticker did not come off all the way. Does not effect sanitation/functionality in any way. MoreBeer sells for $3.95...I'll sell for $1 (or if you buy a larger item and you want it, I'll just throw it in for free)

SOLDMild Ale book by Dave Sutula (Classic Beer Style Series #15) - brand new. Received a duplicate copy this past Christmas. Amazon sells it for $11.09; I'll sell for $8.

SOLDCooking with Beer book - got this as a gift...just never used it. Amazon sells it for $10; I'll sell for $5

I can provide additional pictures if needed.

Aside from the carboy, I will ship any of these items. Since there is nothing that big and, unless you wish otherwise, I'll ship parcel post, I'd imagine shipping would just be a few bucks (the refractometer is the only price that includes shipping). I live in McKinney, TX (work in Richardson), so if you are local and are interested, let me know and I can meet you within a reasonable distance. Unless meeting in person, I would prefer paypal as it is the most secure for both parties.

Thanks for your interest,

Travis

timmber: as far as shipping the carboy, I would prefer try to sell it locally as I'm not fully comfortable shipping it due to the weight and possibility of it being broken in transit. I will go ahead and see how much it would cost to ship it insured, and if no one locally replies within the next week or so then I will let you know.

Thanks,

Travis

msa8967 & ma23456: I had two people send PM's earlier asking about the brew salts, caps, bottle filler and Mild Ale book. If either backs out, you are next in line. If you still want the Cooking With Beer book, then it's yours.

Travis

Back