Do oxygen absorbing caps look different?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBoy47

Reaction score
I bought some O2 absorbing caps for my barleywine im making and when I compared them to my regular caps they look exactly the same. Should they look different?

Its been a while since I've bottled, but I remember the O2 absorbing caps having a different lining inside the cap.

Mine look exactly the same as the regular caps. I wonder if my LHBS ripped me off. Or at the least mislabeled them. Does anyone else have experience with these caps?

Alright I hiked downstairs and into the garage for ya buddy ;) the first pic is a guaranteed oxygen absorbing cap, while the second is a regular. I don't know if it shows in the pic, but the seal on the oxygen absorbing cap is very clear rubber, and whatever the 17 means, while the regular is sort of cloudy. No really noticeable differences though.

image-3542668498.jpg

image-3456080855.jpg

Bottlebomber how do you know you didnt get ripped off too? Hahaha j/k The pics are awesome! Thanks. I saw another thread where someone mentioned that the caps have a gritty appearance. Im guessing there are just different types then?

I guess so... These oxygen caps came from Northern Brewer so they best not be doing me wrong ;)

Back