So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First flight solo on an american brown chocolate ale tomorrow. Always created recipes with my brother but its hard when he is 2500 miles away now. Lets see what the knowledge from this site will help me achieve!

Bottled my Two Hearted Ale today, hopin to brew either a black IPA tomorrow or a Falconares Filght Ale.

Bottled my DFH 90 clone yesterday. Tasted great already and huge hop aromas. Got EdWorts Haus pale ale to bottle soon. Just need to get more bottles.

i started a imperial maple nut brown ale sat. this is my first brew.
a new shop opened up in town, and i went for it.
i cut the maple down in halve. just checked my glass carboy in the basement and i have a nice 3/8 thick fermenting head on it.
i put vodka in the aerater. my brew man this helps keep things clean. plus a little extra booze doesn't hurt either. cheers

Brewed two batches on the deck last night in DC, just had to get the oil out of the Turkey fryer/brew pot first (Ha!). Made another batch of my "Maggie's Imperial IPA" (recipe below), that is by far the best beer I have had, then brewed a "Caribou Slobber" kit from Northern Brewer. Had great reviews and I was looking for a good sessions beer for winter. Both went well. Now the long wait.

Maggie's Imp Juice IPA:
Recipe Type: Extract
Yeast: Wyeast 1056
Batch Size (Gallons): 5
Original Gravity: 1.078
Final Gravity: 1.017
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 days @ 68-72
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 days @ 68-72
Rack to Keg: 7 days

Ingredients

8.00 lb Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 88.9 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 11.1 %

Hop Mix:
1.00 oz Willamette
1.00 oz Citra
1.00 oz Centennial
1.00 oz Apollo
1.00 oz Simcoe
1.00 oz Warrior

Steep grains to 170.
60 min remaining - Add 4lbs DME
60 min- add 2 oz hop mix
45 min- add 1 oz hop mix
15 min- add 1 oz hop mix
5 min- add 4 lbs DME
5 min- add 2 oz hop mix
Flame out
Rack to bucket (7 days)
Transfer to carboy (7 days)
Dry hop 1 oz hop mix, .5 oz citra (4 days before bottle/kegging)
Filter hops out when racking to keg (or bottle)
Enjoy.
Excellent beer.

Yesterday I brewed a cocoa porter that I plan to add raspberry puree to after primary fermentation. It's my first time brewing this, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Bottled some of O Flannagains Standard Stout on Friday...tasted some out the bottling bucket and it was awesome. I can't wait until this is carbed and ready to drink.

5.75 gallons of a special bitter; 8.5# MO; 1# crystal 120; Northern Brewer for bittering, Fuggles and Willamette for flavour/aroma. 1.040 OG (low efficiency on this batch; no idea why).

Partial mashing for a 5 gallon batch of Franziskaner Hefe from Beer Captured. Wife's new oven has a "keep warm" function and I can set it to 150* to maintain temp. Don't know how low it goes, but it goes up from there in 5* increments.

:rockin:

Gearing up for a 10gal batch of Fuller's ESB clone (95% MO + 5% C90; Target, Northdown, Challenger & EKG hops; monster starter of London ESB) next Saturday morning, followed by 5gal of Rosemary-Grapefruit Saison.

SWMBO is going out of town for the day :)

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Bottled my Two Hearted Ale today, hopin to brew either a black IPA tomorrow or a Falconares Filght Ale.

I"m gonna a Black American IPA next week. Here is my recipe, what's yours look like?

Amt Name Type # %/IBU
4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 83.3 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain 2 10.4 %
4.8 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.3 %
0.40 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 4 57.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Malto-Dextrine (Boil 5.0 mins) Other 5 -
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Aroma Steep 5.0 min Hop 6 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 7 -
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Dry Hop 0.0 Days Hop 8 0.0 IBUs

Est Original Gravity: 1.073
Est Final Gravity: 1.013
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.9 %
Bitterness: 57.0 IBUs
Est Color: 33.5 SRM

Partial mashing for a 5 gallon batch of Franziskaner Hefe from Beer Captured. Wife's new oven has a "keep warm" function and I can set it to 150* to maintain temp. Don't know how low it goes, but it goes up from there in 5* increments.

:rockin:

When my Papa first came to America from Munchen he worked as a bus boy in the Franziskaner restaurant In NYC.. I bought one Franziskaner Hefe a few months ago. Didn't like it, but did like their Dunkel much better for me. Hope yours come out to you likin'.

C-Rider said:
When my Papa first came to America from Munchen he worked as a bus boy in the Franziskaner restaurant In NYC.. I bought one Franziskaner Hefe a few months ago. Didn't like it, but did like their Dunkel much better for me. Hope yours come out to you likin'.

I like both. My first beer drinking experiences were in Bäyern. I love me some hefes, helles, etc. Spent time in Köln as well and went all over with the Bahn Card. Kölsch, Altbier, even France's Kronenbourg, I haven't really found many beers I don't like.

Belgian beers are where I'm lacking. I spent a day or two in Brussels, but didn't know any better at the time to try everything I could get my hands on.

Was going to brew a double batch on Saturday, but ended up only brewing a Wit.

I have grains set aside for an IPA, and I found a hidden bucket of grains that were premeasured, but not crushed, for a 1/2 batch of IIPA. So I might try and brew that up and see what happens. They have been in there a long time though.

Spent 10 hours Saturday cranking out 10 gallons of Indian Brown Ale and 10 gallons of a Heavy Scottish Ale. All krausening nicely right now.

Sounds very nice! I actually brewed my first imperial stout and attempted to make it a double chocolate version by adding an extra lb of dark brown candied sugar and 8 oz of chocolate nibs the last 15 mins of boil along with 4 oz of cocoa powder and 1 cup dark brown sugar. Anyone ever attempted this?

Tomorrow will be the 3rd incarnation of The Mad Monk, a Belgian inspired Double Rye IPA. Can't wait for this baby to ferment!

Brewing a batch of Rye PA Friday night (partial mash). I've been using tap water up until now - going to try distilled water with this batch.

Also bottling up my Celebration Ale clone this weekend so it'll be ready for Xmas.

Happy brewing!

Sunday I'm brewing a beer that I'm going to enter in the Master Championship of Amateur brewing. This beer took 1st in the light hybrid category in last years Upper Mississippi Mashout. I've only brewed it once....so we'll see if that last batch was a fluke...;)

American Pale Ale tomorrow with just a tad of orange zest and a smidgeon of corriander. If those flavors don't come through very well, I won't be upset.

I'm bottling my Belgian Wit tomorrow, but next weekend i'm trying my first all grain batch, a chocolate milk stout kit from AHS!

Back