United States beer consumption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what it says about Kentucky: "Under Kentucky law, a person is considered sober until he or she "cannot hold on to the ground".

Hellllll yea :tank:

Although police don't seem to follow that law...

See, now WA state should be a darker blue than that, but they are likely calculating against beer sales, and so many WA residents home brew we likely don't fall into the statistics.

Lol at Mormans. Oh, and on a non beer note, the "bible" belt is no more "religious" per se than the rest of the country excluding the west (excluding cali). Hmm, I need a HB after that.

Ok, boys and girls. Lets do the math. This states that Georgia's average annual consumption of beer is 26 to 30 gallons. 30 Annual gal / 5 gal batches = 6 brew sessions. I brew more than 6 times per year. Therefore, if I am reading this correctly, this infographic clearly states that I am above average. I shall drink to that!

Single handedly raising the bar for the South.

Prost

One of the few times that I have been called above average in life. I figure that I have about doubled the average.

ahh man... new york is slacking as one of the few light blue states.

I am gonna try to make it a shade or two darker, by myself

Wow, Utah is the only one to beat us out for least beer drunk per capita... We need more drinkers in NY!

I figure that I cover at least a small family worth or drinking beer. That doesn't even include wine and spirits.

I like what it says about Kentucky: "Under Kentucky law, a person is considered sober until he or she "cannot hold on to the ground".

Thats a fact, and I'm a lawyer in KY:D Also bourbon country is only in Kentucky. If you REALLY want to be picky it has to be made in bourbon county :D

If you REALLY want to be picky it has to be made in bourbon county :D

Not true. It doesn't even have to be made in Kentucky, although more than 95% of Bourbon is. It does have to be made in the U.S. though.

Interesting observation here. NH is shown as the highest New England state. The truth is that our taxes are much lower and prices the same so a large amount of our sales come from VT, ME and MA as people cross the border to buy booze. We look like drunkards on the surface but are actually the "Inn Keepers" of New England. Not to say we don't consume our share.

Statistics are usually a bunch of BS. Need to find out who is doing the study to find out the agenda.. I bet ya MADD would have a much different chart if they did one.. Everything would be dark blue.. Thing is you have to understand how they are measuring and such. I think this study is very biased on population. The bigger population centers are probably not correct.

I spent 4 mnth in new orleansonce and if the rest of Lo. is like it is there it shoould be black them boys could drink. made my rounds up in wis. 2 I +1 that it should be darker dang bunch of cheese head drunks
:) da packers

Speaking of the mormans flew threw salt lake last fall and they had a beer at the air port called 'polygamy porter' what a great name for a beer. It was preaty good from what I remember

I spent 4 mnth in new orleansonce and if the rest of Lo. is like it is there it shoould be black them boys could drink. made my rounds up in wis. 2 I +1 that it should be darker dang bunch of cheese head drunks
:) da packers

Speaking of the mormans flew threw salt lake last fall and they had a beer at the air port called 'polygamy porter' what a great name for a beer. It was preaty good from what I remember

-- Begin Druk Translation --

I spent 4 months in New Orleans once, and if the rest of Louisiana is like that, it should be black; they could really drink. Made my rounds up in Wisconsin, also. I +1 that it should be darker, dang bunch of cheese head drunks :) Da Packers!

Speaking of the Mormons, I flew through Salt Lake last fall and they had a beer at the airport called "Polygamy Porter." What a great name for a beer. It was pretty good, from what I remember.

-- End Druk Translation --

Not sure if anyone needed it, but I figured it'd be helpful :tank:

Interesting observation here. NH is shown as the highest New England state. The truth is that our taxes are much lower and prices the same so a large amount of our sales come from VT, ME and MA as people cross the border to buy booze. We look like drunkards on the surface but are actually the "Inn Keepers" of New England. Not to say we don't consume our share.

I can vouch for this, having driven to NH from VT to buy cheap beer/liquor at various times in my life (though I was always happy to return to my side of the river afterward, VT being superior in all respects other than cheap booze and fireworks!) Not sure if laws have changed but historically you couldn't get beer on Sundays in MA, which also drove beer sales over the border.

Back