Are you guys for real?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you seriously dislike Coors and Bud...and actually drink Dos Equis and Corona? I'm having a hard time with this. Are you bashing BMC Because it's cool, or because you really don't like it? And if you don't like it, why? I really don't see the big difference...They are all kinda bland and boring.

I like coors light when i've been drinking. A lot. And there's nothing else around. I don't like bud of any sort...never have, probably never will. I just got a "Mexican Sampler" for my birthday of Dos Equis, Tecate, and Sol, and find all of them unpalatable. I was pretty bummed about this actually, because I remembered liking XX amber a lot in my pre-brewing days.

I do like PBR. I'm not saying it's a mind-blowing beer, or that I'd order it over something that was more flavorful, I'm just saying that there's enough sick pow days followed up with a cold PBR at 9000ft to earn it a place in my heart. It's the ski bum's brew of choice.

Not sure why you picked those 4 beers in particular to try to draw a line (I don't recall lots of BMC bashers saying they drink Corona or Dos Equis), but I'll play along:

I would never buy Bud or Coors. I'll drink them under the right conditions, if they're free.
I've occasionally ordered a Dos Equis Amber at a restaurant, if it's the best beer on the menu.
Corona - no way. I suppose if I could try one that wasn't completely skunked, I might consider it. But experience tells me that's not possible.

Mind you, I'm not in the "bash-BMC-it's-all-piss-in-a-bottle" crowd -- I drank my share of AB products in the past, and will still do so on occasion. But my tastes have changed, and the selection of beers available to me has grown.

Bud and Coors taste like beer-flavored soda to me. Miller Lite is quite ok, and I still enjoy it every once in a while. I haven't had much experience with Mexican beers, but Corona isn't any more exciting to me than BMC material.

Most types of beers have a time and place where they are just fine and appropriate, and that includes BMC - so I don't tend to bash them.

Those American light lagers all taste the same to me. I won't spit on someone who hands me one, but I wouldn't go and buy it either.

I like BMC. You just have to accept it for what it is.

I'll opt for a high-life over just about any light lager though. Drink straight from the bottle or can, through a lime in it, whatever. I'm not a snob and I don't bash it.

Not my favorite, but it is beer, and it does have it's place.

Corona (with a lime wedge in it) was the first beer I remember liking. I drank nothing but Bud, Miller, Coors, Pabst, and Natural Ice before this (with the sole intention of getting drunk) so Corona was a welcome change. I'll still have a Corona from time to time, but obviously my tastes have changed since I began drinking high quality brews and homebrews. I'll even have a Budweiser or a Coors if nothing else is available. Miller tastes too watered down for me, personally.

I think it IS trendy to hate BMC around here. People act like elitist beer snobs and pretend that their palate can't be satisfied with anything less than perfect beer.

Beer snobs should seriously just drink wine. And, anyone who loves beer and knows it well can taste the difference between all the cheap ones as well as all the good ones. I love how people talk about all the nuances in a complex beer then say all cheap beer tastes the same to them.

No Bud or Miller for me. Rice beers are gross. I like my beer and my sake to be separate, thank you very much.

Seriously, do a side-by-side comparison of budweiser and sake. You'll be surprised.

If I'm brewing my own or buying from a store, I get tasty full flavoured beers. If I'm going tubing on the river, I get canned common lager (it just fits). After the race we drink common lager... it's just what you do. I can just imagine the looks if I popped the top off a trappist beer after a race. :)

Even so... I'm not a big fan of Bud, Coors or Miller. I've been known to bash them in the past, but I think it's true that some people find it cool to bash them. If someone is going to offer me a cold beer on a hot day, I'm going to accept it.

The only truly evil beer I can think of right now is this one:
zimalight.jpg

You know, all of the skunky Euro-lagers and subpar Mexi-lagers would be okay IF...big if here...if they didn't cost so stinking much. If any of the former mentioned beers were as cheap as US BMC (we're talking cheap like Miller High Life, 18 long necks for 10-13 bucks) I'd try them more often when mowing the lawn. As it stands, I would hesitate to buy those overpriced, 8-9 dollar six pack bottles of crapola even if a gun was against my head. It's just the principle of the matter.

Sorry, but if I'm drinking lower quality beer, it better be cheap.

I am somewhat surprised to find how much love there is for BMC products on a homebrew forum...I suppose that it can be easy to make the assumption that homebrewer = craft beer enthusiast but that of course is not necessarily the reality and you (myself included) shouldn't make assumptions about other folks preferences and taste.

I drink all sorts of brew but I'm never really compelled to defend my choices because, well..who cares.

Drink what ya like.

I don't drink any of those beers any more...so I'm safe...:ban:

We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
I say, we can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind
And we can dance

:ban::ban::ban:

Its the Safety Dance!

ill drink BMC when its free or other appropriate situations (tubing down a river or at a ball game and the like). Same with the Mexican beers. In short, their not my favs but im pretty sure they wont kill me either. So I think im safe.

I seriously despise scudweiser. I despise coors light. I do like coors original banquet beer though. I drink Corona at the bar because when I have a choice of Bud, Bud Lite, or Corona - I'll take the damn corona.

I like Dos Equis Amber quite a bit. Just pounded a 12 pack of it at a party last weekend.

I dig almost all forms of Miller crap though. I love High Life, and Miller Lite is an acceptable lite beer when you only have the choice of BMC lite beers. I hate MGD though...

I used to enjoy Rolling Rock before AB put their d*** beaters in the mix.

ill drink BMC stuff if im at a bar and thats all they offer or if im working outside and i want something light do drink. When i want to sit back and enjoy a beer ill go with whatever craft beer im in the mood for. I personally think that the hating on BMC stuff has gone up a bit since they started making dumb comments about craft beer in their ads.

I'm curious; where are these legions of HBT lovers of Dos Equis and Corona?

....I am Legion, we are many .... muahhahahaha

The last BMC I had was the Campaign (sp on purpose) of beers. For what it is and the cheap price, *shrug*. But it was given to me so, neeener neener. :ban:

Actually I have made a decision to not buy any more beer. So far, I have been going a couple of months. :D

I'm happy being a beer snob. I don't care what you drink, if you like it, drink up. I'm probably on the *****ie end of the scale when it comes to BMC and other cheap beers, I would turn one down (with a polite excuse), and drink water instead.

I tried a Bud light recently after months of not drinking anything but craft/homebrew and I had to discreetly pour it out after half a bottle. To me it has nothing to do with bashing BMC because it's the cool thing to do, I can't stand the taste no matter what the circumstance.

I still say, to each their own.

I can't remember the last time I drank a Coronoa, Dos Equis, or BMC. I just don't like light lager of any kind really, including the common European imports. Like McKBrew, I would rather drink water.

My parents visited recently and they went out and bought a couple cases of Yuengling (to take home, since they can't get it in MI). I drank a couple of those, and they were OK, but I would never buy it for myself.

Even though I don't drink those beers, I think the BMC bashing is way over done. It's so predictable and boring that its a cliche.

I've drunk Dos Equis. Not great, but it's drinkable.

I used to drink a lot of Corona. Most recently, at a party where Corona Light was pretty much the only option. Not great, but free, so :ban:

I sat in my office last Sunday with a Mich Ultra, because it was all we had in the work fridge.

I don't bregrudge anyone their preferences, and it's kind of ridiculous those who do.

Here's my philosophy on life.
Don't be an *******. Let people do what they want to do, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Eat what you want to eat. Drink what you want to drink. **** who you want to ****. Make sure to eat plenty, drink plenty, and **** plenty. Let others be free to do the same.

I'm happy being a beer snob. I don't care what you drink, if you like it, drink up. I'm probably on the *****ie end of the scale when it comes to BMC and other cheap beers, I would turn one down (with a polite excuse), and drink water instead.

I tried a Bud light recently after months of not drinking anything but craft/homebrew and I had to discreetly pour it out after half a bottle. To me it has nothing to do with bashing BMC because it's the cool thing to do, I can't stand the taste no matter what the circumstance.

I still say, to each their own.

+1 perfectly put.

I've drunk Dos Equis. Not great, but it's drinkable.

I used to drink a lot of Corona. Most recently, at a party where Corona Light was pretty much the only option. Not great, but free, so :ban:

I sat in my office last Sunday with a Mich Ultra, because it was all we had in the work fridge.

I don't bregrudge anyone their preferences, and it's kind of ridiculous those who do.

Here's my philosophy on life.
Don't be an *******. Let people do what they want to do, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Eat what you want to eat. Drink what you want to drink. **** who you want to ****. Make sure to eat plenty, drink plenty, and **** plenty. Let others be free to do the same.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thread over.

actually hold on a minute, you drank corona light, how can you drink that crap?:D

I don't want to let others **** who and where they want to because I'm tired of them polluting the gene pool. I think we, as a society, should force whatever causes impotence upon these people so that we can leave quality breathable air to those of us who deserve it.

And I was going to quote that "I am legion, we are many" thing, but someone beat me to it. :(

I don't like Lite beer. It doesn't matter who makes it. I do like a good American Lager though...just not it's lite sister. Budweiser, MGD, Coors, Pabst...whatever, if the situation calls for it, I will drink it and most of the time be very happy with it.

Corona, I cannot drink. I hate the stuff, never liked it. If I want something to drink on the beach I will drink a Pina Colada.

Dos Equis Amber is okay. If I am at a mexican joint and that is the best choice, I will typically go with a Margarita or water.

I'm just not a fan of the light american lager style, regardless of the brewer. I'll drink them from time to time but only if they're the only thing around and I've already consumed the beer that I brought with me. :D

The nice thing about light American lagers, though?

You can drink them all day and not get ****ed up. I sat in my office with a colleague a few weeks back and shared a bomber of Russian River; we could both feel it after just splitting the one bomber (albeit late afternoon, on empty stomachs).

Mich Ultra on a warm Sunday afternoon? Bupkis.

I like Dos Equis Amber. I will get it whenever I eat a my favorite mexican restaurant. On one of the recent sunday sessions, they were talking about how Dos Equis Amber is actually a great example of a Vienna Lager, as well as Modelo Negro.

Not sure why I would be called out for enjoying any beer. Beer is beer. BMC is beer and at the right time, it can also be the right beer for me. Bud and Miller always taste like crap to me. Coors has no real flavor and is practically water, but when I'm tailgating with my non EAC buddies at a Giants game, I feel pretty good about tipping back a few ice cold coors lights...from the can too *GASP*

The nice thing about light American lagers, though?

You can drink them all day and not get ****ed up.

True. That is the only thing they are good for. I am getting married in 6 weeks, and so I will probably be having a bachelor party pretty soon. I can guarantee you I will be drinking lite beer that night. So I can drink all night, but not be on my arse by 10. But, that still doesnt mean I like them :mug:

Im not going to lie, if I go out fishing for the day, or on a camping trip Ill get myself a 30 pack of Hamms.

I like Dos Equis Amber, so given the choices listed that's what I choose. I will not drink anything from AB, I refuse. As far as light beers, I vote for LaBatt's Blue Light or Miller Lite. I'll drink Coors Light if I am at a party and that is all there is. If they have AB on hand, I won't drink then.

Back