Regulator Problem/Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I bought a dual body pressure co2 regulator last month, and I think it has a problem. It's the one in the picture. I have the regulator on the right hooked up to my kegs and the one on the left hooked up to my CPBF. The one hooked up to the CPBF reads 5lbs of pressure even with the knob and the shut off valved closed. If I open the shut off valve the pressure drops to 0, but as soon as I close it, it goes right back to 5lbs. I was under the impression that once I turned the knob closed it should stay at 0. Is that not correct?

tn375_t752hplarge2092311141638.jpg

Yeah, that's correct. But more importantly, is the CPBF working well with it, or no? If it is, then screw what the gauge is saying.

The CPBF works great, but I have noticed that I have a co2 leak with the new regulator and that was the only thing I changed. Guess I will call the vendor I bought it from and see what they say about swapping it out.

Thanks for the help.:rockin:

Vendor is sending me a new regulator. I'll update this thread after I get the new regulator.

Got the new regulator installed and it seems to have fixed the problem. Can't say enough good things about the vendor (not sure if I can post their name). They have great customer service.

Back