GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senna, Drive, The Walking Dead, Wilfred, Parks and Recreation, Weeds, Rampart, The Office, Numb3rs... Some of my favorite movies/shows.

Warning Spoiler Alert: I Melt With You

By saw it coming do you mean around 1.5 hours in? Obviously when they revealed the note I saw it coming. From the beginning when they start partying I figured at least one would die but I didn't think all of them!

MORE SPOILERS (I Melt With You)

From the beginning, I mean, as soon as they showed the bearded gent' (Christian McKay) in the room alone and when they showed each of the others at their jobs. That combined with the flashing red words as the intro, it seemed pretty obvious to me. The only one I thought might have a chance was Piven's character. And, as soon as he got off the phone I knew he was a goner too.

Ad nauseum......

started watching BSG again good god damn this show is so freaking epic how did I not see it when it was on TV?

The whole story of the derelict spacecraft Destined for museum status that is then suddenly revived in the last ditch effort for human survival????

nothing screams EPIC quite like the premise of this show. Madam (not yet) president's acting is stunning. EJO's acting is unshakeable. Dude!WTF???

BEST THING ON NETFLIX.

I've started watching again. You're right, it does straighten itself right out after the New Caprica gheyness. I think Lost would take the prize for best Netflix show, if it wasn't for the fact the the last 3 seasons sucked big monkey balls.

bottlebomber said:
I think Lost would take the prize for best Netflix show, if it wasn't for the fact the the last 3 seasons sucked big monkey balls.

Word

I'm watching A Boy and His Dog right now, came out in 1975. It's a post-apocalyptic film about... a boy and his dog. Throw Mad Max, A Clockwork Orange, Ayn Rand's 'Anthem' and Huxley's 'Brave New World' in a blender, sprinkle in some rape undertones and a talking dog and you've got it.

Tex said:
I'm watching A Boy and His Dog right now, came out in 1975. It's a post-apocalyptic film about... a boy and his dog. Throw Mad Max, A Clockwork Orange, Ayn Rand's 'Anthem' and Huxley's 'Brave New World' in a blender, sprinkle in some rape undertones and a talking dog and you've got it.

got my freaking attention. good god damned review!

What?!?!

I would have assumed that cheezy of all people would have already seen it. How does this grab you? Starring DON JOHNSON!

Also, the dog doesn't talk, it's TELEPATHIC.

Really only worth watching if you're into post-apocalyptic stuff, wasn't a great movie. I found it entertaining enough that I didn't turn it off.

Love post apocalyptic and horror survival (not mutually exclusive) But Don Johnson is a HUGE ******.

I wanted to watch the National Geo production re Seal Team 6 but dont have that channel. So, in the seal team genre mood Act of Valor was pretty good. Much much better than the one with Charlie Sheen. (In his defense, Charley Sheen as Topper was great - Valeria Golino is hot in hot shots)

I watched a documentary recently called The Parking Lot Movie, about parking lot attendants at a lot by a university. It sounds very boring but I loved it, possibly because I worked retail for way too long and watching them deal with ******** was great.

I'll check it out. I like documentaries like that.

I watched a documentary recently called The Parking Lot Movie, about parking lot attendants at a lot by a university. It sounds very boring but I loved it, possibly because I worked retail for way too long and watching them deal with ******** was great.

I liked the Parking Lot Movie too. Not boring. The people who work there are mostly students in the liberal arts and have to deal with drunken frat boys and other parents who openly look down on them. Something like, "Now son, if you try hard in life then you won't end up like this". Right in front of the attendant. :(

Just saw that Sling Blade is on there now. It's been a few years since I've watched it but I remember liking it a lot.

Love post apocalyptic and horror survival (not mutually exclusive) But Don Johnson is a HUGE ******.

Foget Don Johnson. All that really matters was it was written by Harlan Ellison

Among his MANY accomplishments in Science Fiction was the writing the original script for the first version of the TV series "Star Trek"

Ellison has repeatedly criticized how Star Trek creator and producer Gene Roddenberry (and others) rewrote his original script for the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever". Ellison's original work included a subplot involving drug dealing aboard the Enterprise and other elements that Roddenberry rejected.

Ellison alleged that James Cameron's film The Terminator drew from material from Ellison's "Soldier" and "Demon with a Glass Hand" episodes of The Outer Limits. Hemdale, the production company and the distributor Orion Pictures, settled out of court for an undisclosed sum, and added a credit to the film which acknowledged the work of Ellison

Ellison served as creative consultant to the science fiction TV series The Twilight Zone (1980s version) and Babylon 5.

Foget Don Johnson. All that really matters was it was written by Harlan Ellison

Among his MANY accomplishments in Science Fiction was the writing the original script for the first version of the TV series "Star Trek"

Ellison has repeatedly criticized how Star Trek creator and producer Gene Roddenberry (and others) rewrote his original script for the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever". Ellison's original work included a subplot involving drug dealing aboard the Enterprise and other elements that Roddenberry rejected.

Ellison alleged that James Cameron's film The Terminator drew from material from Ellison's "Soldier" and "Demon with a Glass Hand" episodes of The Outer Limits. Hemdale, the production company and the distributor Orion Pictures, settled out of court for an undisclosed sum, and added a credit to the film which acknowledged the work of Ellison

Ellison served as creative consultant to the science fiction TV series The Twilight Zone (1980s version) and Babylon 5.

Drug dealing on the Enterprise? I would blame Spock.

Lol. I know I have quite the collection of LARGE beauty pics.

TALL MAN

If you want a movie with a really shocking turn of events that will have you rate it a 4, be unable to stop thinking about it, go back and re-rate a 5, still be unable to decide how you feel about it, etc.

well done. Fascinating story with a (SPOILER) simple twist with the story told from an unexpected perspective that makes it play with your emotions, then smack you around and call you sally.

Watched it last night and I loved it. Reminded me of my group of friends growing up. The part where they discuss people who drive off without paying or dispute their parking fee is hilarious.

I've been behind the times myself...

Recently watched 3 seasons of Breaking Bad - Awesome. Hooked from the first episode. Still watching here and there but feel a little burned out after 3 straight seasons, so maybe an episode or 2 a week now to keep my interest.

Also, haven't seen it mentioned in the pages I read and still late to watching it, Prison Break. Here's my breakdown if anyone wants to know:
Season 1 - Awesome, kept me wanting to know what happens next in each episode.
Season 2 (first 3/4's) - Good flow from season 1, still kept me interested.
Season 2 (last 1/2) - Felt like the script was drawn out by now to make for a longer show.
Season 3 - Awesome, but not to the caliber of the first season. Kept me interested again.
Season 4 (first half) - Didn't care for it much, didn't keep my interest, seemed too drawn out again. Lost interest and haven't felt the need to finish it.

Also just started watching Heroes. About 6 or so episodes in. It's kept my interest so far, but it doesn't have that "gotta keep watching continously" feeling. It's about a handful of people that are 'special' (have powers) and over some episodes their stories meet up with each other. Has the occasional chuckle from a couple of Japanese actors!

The wife likes Angel, vampire tv series I guess. She's a huge fan of Twilight...

We don't really dabble into each others action/vampire tv affixiations, but together we enjoy the comedy tv series like Everyone Loves Raymond, 'Til Death, etc...

Parks and Rec-Amazing.. There are a few documentaries about dogs that are cool and one about dreams. I forget the names and am not at home.

Back