Power Cord Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
I scored 15' of 6awg 3/ground from my electrician neighbor. I only need 3' for the box to outlet connection, so I wanted to use the remaining 12' for a monstor main power cord to the box. I found a 50a plug that I can attach to the cable. The part where I am getting stumped is how to feed this through the control panel. I cannot find any feedthrus or bulkhead that will handle a one inch OD cable. Any suggestions?

Many thanks to Walker for finding a cheap 50a gfi breaker on ebay for me:mug:

I scored 15' of 6awg 3/ground from my electrician neighbor. I only need 3' for the box to outlet connection, so I wanted to use the remaining 12' for a monstor main power cord to the box. I found a 50a plug that I can attach to the cable. The part where I am getting stumped is how to feed this through the control panel. I cannot find any feedthrus or bulkhead that will handle a one inch OD cable. Any suggestions?

Many thanks to Walker for finding a cheap 50a gfi breaker on ebay for me:mug:

Look up "Cord Grips" on McMaster.com

Ed

Thanks ED!

You're welcome...
Look for something like:

IMG_3369.jpg

McCuckerson....

Is the cord you got a nice, flexible, rubber sheathed power cord (similar to what Ed has coming out of the back of his control panel) or is it fairly inflexible, plastic sheathed wiring meant for running through the walls of a house?

edit: I don't remember finding you a GFCI breaker, but.... you're welcome, I guess. :D

McCuckerson....

Is the cord you got a nice, flexible, rubber sheathed power cord (similar to what Ed has coming out of the back of his control panel) or is it fairly inflexible, plastic sheathed wiring meant for running through the walls of a house?

edit: I don't remember finding you a GFCI breaker, but.... you're welcome, I guess. :D
Yes its beautiful soft flexible large goodness. It reminds me of the snakes I used to run when I was an in-house roady back in NY.... Anyway, I was asking about a spa panel while complaining about the price of Sqaure D GFI breakers and you found one on ebay for 54 bucks. I just installed it tonight and it works nicely. Ergo you found me a breaker:mug:

Back