What would you pay for SRM, Diacetyl, IBU, Iron, Haze and other tests?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would pay about $125.00 to test their beer for actual SRM, IBU, Iron, Haze, and Diacetyl? Does anyone know how much it should cost to have these things actually tested? Does that sound like a lot? I mean if you were trying to make a gold medal beer wouldn't you want to know you hit your brewing targets? I'm not sure either, that is why I ask :)

Thanks for responses!

I don't take myself or my beer that seriously, so... no.. I wouldn't pay that much.

Even if you were testing it for a competition, would it really matter what the numbers are? The judges are going to judge it by looking, smelling, and tasting it... not read the testing report. :D

edit: I am sure that there are SOME people that would pay for this. I'm just not one of them. I don't even check FG.

I don't take myself or my beer that seriously, so... no.. I wouldn't pay that much.

Even if you were testing it for a competition, would it really matter what the numbers are? The judges are going to judge it by looking, smelling, and tasting it... not read the testing report. :D

edit: I am sure that there are SOME people that would pay for this. I'm just not one of them. I don't even check FG.

:D Well I was more thinking, say you made a great brew and you wanted to duplicate it, esp. if you brewed it for competition or for sale (heaven forbid :) ) Then you might want to make sure by those numbers that it was on the money, no?

I think White Labs offers testing along these lines once a year or so for $129 (two beers).

Back