Recipe Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slnies

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a beer style recommendation. I have a dilemma. I have two yeast strains both of which I have to build a starter for. Both are quit different and both make great beers. The strains are WLP830 German Lager, and Wyeast 3942 Belgian WT. This is for fun, so recommend away and I will brew the style that gets the most recommendations. Thank you all and have fun.

PS. Fun Ideas are welcome. S.

Take your Belgian yeast and make up a Wit Beer. Then throw some sour apples, or sour cherries, or peaches, or raspberries or whatever else sounds like a possibility into the secondary. The possibilities are endless.

John

Both are very good suggestions. I have not brewed either. I like the wit beer idea on fruit. Hmm.....

Well, went with a Belgian Pale and the Wyeast 3942, after some one sent me a PM recommending that this might make a great combo. Thanks again everyone. I will post pics and comments about how the beer turns out, good or bad. Just so everyone knows since there were only three suggestions, we flipped the coin for elimination. S.

Back