Primary Fermenter Pail Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernie3

Reaction score
Just curious, I am using a true brew white pail. My question is does it have to be kept in a dark place? Right know it is sitting on a table in the corner of my living room where I can keep an eye on it. Will this be O.K.??? Thanks:mug:

If it's white and it's not in a sunny area, I wouldn't worry about it. I often keep mine near the sliding glass door and haven't had a problem, but it is on the north side and never sees any direct sunlight.

One of my buckets is more of a semi-clear white and I would probably cover it if I used it for fermenting.

i would say yes, as long as:

it never gets direct sunlight...

the your living room is kinda coldinh @ around 68* or lower...

Might want to throw a towel or something over it, just to be doubly safe. But that's my anal side showing.

Yeah it is a solid white color with blue lid, and its in the corner with no direct sunlite at all. Temp is a pretty steady 66 degrees. I figured it would be O.K. but I just wanted to ask being first batch and all. Thanks Guys!!!!

Back