First beer brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDN

Reaction score
Today I Brewed a American Pale Ale kit from Brewer's Best. Every thing went good ended with a 1.058 OG reading. :mug:

Great job! Now's the hard part - waiting.
I'd suggest doing another one in a couple weeks to start "filing the pipeline" if you have an extra fermenter.

Congrats on the first time brew! It Is a wonderful hobby and you will find yourself addicted in no time flat. That is an awesome original gravity for your first brew, and you will be more than thrilled with the final results.

John

Congrats on the first brew success! I've had a Brewer's Best IPA, which was pretty good, so I think you should like the APA you made.

Now is the tough part, just forget it exists for like three weeks then bottle it up, then try one in another two to three weeks and see how its coming along! Your beer will thank you for your patience!

Thanks!! Planning to bottle in three weeks far as the next brew maybe a holiday type for X-mas "love this hobby"

Make your second one soon. By the time your first is ready your second will finish fermenting. When your first is GONE your second will be drinkable.

I just brewed my first time a couple weeks back, an Amber Ale. Just bottled this weekend, with hardly any hiccups for the first go about. This sunday I also brewed my second beer, an Irish Red. I used a bucket for the first fermentation, and now my Irish Red is in a carboy. You can call me a nerd, but beer is really beautiful when you get the dark beer contrasted with the lighter krausen. I cant wait to continue on this forum, fuel my new obsession and share by beer with the world! Good luck to everyone!

I just brewed my first time a couple weeks back, an Amber Ale. Just bottled this weekend, with hardly any hiccups for the first go about. This sunday I also brewed my second beer, an Irish Red. I used a bucket for the first fermentation, and now my Irish Red is in a carboy. You can call me a nerd, but beer is really beautiful when you get the dark beer contrasted with the lighter krausen. I cant wait to continue on this forum, fuel my new obsession and share by beer with the world! Good luck to everyone!

I see you're getting your pipeline going early - good move.

I brewed this kit for my first brew as well. It was extremely forgiving, and quite tasty. Make sure you give it enough time in the bottles!

Welcome to the party! I'm two incredibly frustrating days away from cracking open my first batch, an English Bitter. While I've been waiting I kept busy putting a Holiday Ale into a carboy (I did a bucket the first time around too, and wanted to peek the second time around). To celebrate opening Batch #1, I'll be brewing a dunkel this weekend. You know, waiting for the pipeline sucks! This new hobby is getting expensive fast! I figure at the rate I'm drinking (I tell myself I need the bottles) I'll need to brew twice a month, especially since I plan on giving some away for bragging rights.

It's been almost 10 days fermenting right now I'll give it one more week and take a reading then Bottle. I'm picking up a glass carboy soon so I can get started on my 2nd batch. Thought it would be nice to have if I need a secondary for fruits down the road.

You know what I love about this hobby? People on this forum get genuinely excited for someone else's first batch. It's truly a family that you join here. Best of luck with this brew and all the rest. Be sure to let us know not only how good it tastes, but how good it feels drinking you own creation.

Cheers!

Oh and by the way, if you get a Carboy for secondary, make sure it's 5 gallons (vs 6.5) so you reduce the headspace and thus the oxygen/ surface area.

Make sure you let it carbonate in the bottle for a month. Brew a second batch the same day you move to a secondary otherwise you'll be wishing you had when this beer is ready.

Bottled today every thing went good. I tested for my FG and it was 1.029 that was with a refractor. Plus I got my second brew in the fermenter Holiday Ale:mug:

Back