Hockey, unpopular among fellow homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb

Reaction score
Just did a research for hockey threads and saw only a handfull.

Are we a minority in this message board?

Being from Montréal you'll understand I'm an avid Habs fan!

Can't speak for everyone else, but I'm a huge hockey fan. I support the sport itself first and foremost, but I'm a die hard Wing Nut. Go Wings!

Anyone hear of the proposed rule changes in the NHL this coming season?

TB

Lifelong Pens fan checking in. I know they're talking about a number of changes: removing the trapezoid, adjusting OT, curved end boards (to prevent pacioretty-type injuries) but im not sure whats going to happen. I think they just finished the R&D camp, so im sure there will be more to come.

I also heard they're trying some rules that will increase the power play advantage. One surprising change they tried was not allowing the PK to ice the puck when clearing.

I love hockey, just wish I had the opportunity to:

A: work for Sharks Radio Network again
B: Mix audio for Fox Sports again.
C: have the $$ to attend a game or two.
D: have the ca$h to visit the nearby brewpub that always carries the games.

Go Sharks!!!!!

I am (unfortunately) a Caps season ticket holder. Because of this, I must drink a lot of beer, especially in the post season. I have just started home brewing, so now I can drown my sorrows of another choke with my delicious home brews!

The best thing about going to weekend Caps games is getting to go to RFD ( http://www.lovethebeer.com/beer-list.html click on the weekly draft list) and having some real tasty beers before the puck drop.

I love hockey, just wish I had the opportunity to:

A: work for Sharks Radio Network again
B: Mix audio for Fox Sports again.
C: have the $$ to attend a game or two.
D: have the ca$h to visit the nearby brewpub that always carries the games.

Go Sharks!!!!!

2 years ago I went to a trip to California to watch the habs play against the Kings, the Sharks and the Ducks.

I must say that I absolutely LOVED the HP Pavillon. You guys got great fans.

I enjoy hockey and would trade the Blazers for a hockey team in a heartbeat. I use to do cable work at the Sharks arena so they are the team a root for.

I heard the league might test out a slightly shallower net, and add a second line behind the goal line to make it easier to tell if a puck has crossed.

I'd love for them to get rid of the trapezoid, but only if the goalie gets to take a hit outside the crease. ;)

On second thought, they can get rid of them anyway.

I also heard they were going to test curved glass where the players benches are, and have them spring loaded to help prevent the injuries.

I'm not a HUGE hockey fan. Just spent a few minutes this morning looking up the schedule for the Wings' prospect camp and training camps.... :mug:

I love hockey, despite being continually disappointed being a Sabres fan and all. I also play hockey, though not terribly well, but damn I always have fun playing. Plus when the game is over we crack open beers in the locker room.

Gduck said:
I love hockey, despite being continually disappointed being a Sabres fan and all. I also play hockey, though not terribly well, but damn I always have fun playing. Plus when the game is over we crack open beers in the locker room.

+1

I play goalie and defense, although I'm no superstar. It's such a fun sport to play. So active, fast paced, physical, mental, and above all - most of the guys (and sometimes girls) are really awesome people.

Die hard Sabres fan here... and Gduck, I have a feeling that we will be very pleased this season.

As for the hockey threads, I am not as active on the forums as I used to what with a new house and all... never really get into hockey threads here anyways.

yodalegomaster said:
I love hockey, When you live in the "state of hockey" it rubs off. Go Wild

True, I know a lot of people from MN, and they all play and watch hockey. I went to a Wild/Wings game at the Xcel center last season, and I must say I was impressed. Very nice venue you guys have. It's nice not having to get mugged on your way in like @ the Joe. Of course, all the fans were "Minnesota nice" even though the Wings won.

Flames fan checking in. Ever since Sutter was replaced it seems we're in "re-building mode"...God help us. Although we did pretty good during the second half of last season

Suck it Sutter!

I love hockey also, and I'm for any team with a Newfoundlander on it. Loved it when Ryder got the cup last year. This weekend he is bringing it home to Bonavista, and I can't make it :-(

I love hockey also, and I'm for any team with a Newfoundlander on it. Loved it when Ryder got the cup last year. This weekend he is bringing it home to Bonavista, and I can't make it :-(

As a habs fan, I hated it for so many reasons.

FML

NYR! Love hockey played it for 17 years as a goalie in AAA. Live in San Diego now so not many games are televised here especially my beloved RANGERS!

MattyIceGfunk said:
Go Caps!!!... Until the playoffs that is. :(

C'mon now, have a little faith. THN picked the Caps to win it all, and with the more defensive style and all the changes GMGM made this summer I think we can really do it. Of course, I thought that after the trade deadline this year too...

Hockey is the best. I live in RI but am a Lightning fan. I lived in Tampa when they became a franchise. Basketball - give them pads and let them go at it and then you MIGHT have a sport.

Oh, I LOVE hockey! It's my favorite sport.

Here's a picture of my team from a couple of years ago:

hockey_008.JPG

I'm in the front, right in the middle, with a bright green stick.

hey gang... I'm going to be putting my Hockey Jersey Collection on EBay soon.
I was wondering if anyone here would be looking for size XXXXG Pro Player Jerseys.
1- Original Logo Phoenix Coyotes
1- Original Logo Atlanta Thrashers
1- Original Logo Pittsburgh Penguins.

All in excellent condition. In airtight storage since 2001.
I lost so much weight.. so they would be freaky huge on me.

pm if you want. Pix and post in classifieds later.

8pawsbrewing said:
C'mon now, have a little faith. THN picked the Caps to win it all, and with the more defensive style and all the changes GMGM made this summer I think we can really do it. Of course, I thought that after the trade deadline this year too...

Well they made the more defensive style last year too and we see how that went. I wish Varlamov would have kept healthy. He could have been amazing. I think Sasha needs to step it up big time and same with Green or I would like to see them dealt by mid season. Backstrom looked like crap in the playoffs too but I think that's a guy we(Ovechkin) needs no matter what.

Ill be honest, I dont think you have much room to complain about varlamov...neuvirth played amazing last year.

bjohnson29 said:
Ill be honest, I dont think you have much room to complain about varlamov...neuvirth played amazing last year.

Yeah, Neuvy is great. Plus we picked up Vokoun for a song. I like Holtby, but I'm glad we're not relying on him as part of a goalie tandem quite yet.

As for the more defensive style, that's what I meant about last year. December was so rotten and then the guys settled into things, I loved Jason Arnott, and by mid-March I was really optimistic. Then we did so well against the Rangers, and I was even more optimistic. And then they hit Tampa and I just don't even think about that series anymore. Hopefully this time we can keep it together.

Back