Conference Calls Suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rome did not become an empire by having meetings and conference calls. They did it by killing all those who opposed them. :D

In retrospect, maybe its not so bad as all my other collegues are on-site in Madison, WI - where it is currently 15 degrees. Its a sunny 66 degrees in South GA... heh

15 aint too bad, as long as it's above zero and it's not too windy it's ok
BTW all the temps in my other post are recorded near Lake Michigan so they are about 5-10 degrees warmer then at my house

Conference calls have got to be the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. I once dealt with one of our customers (a large California bank) who actually had a conference call every day at 8:30 to discuss the 10:00 daily conference call. Everyone would get on the first one and talk about what they were going to talk about at 10:00, then hang up and call in again at 10:00 to talk about the stuff they talked about at 8:30.

Was that bank WtF? When I worked there we had four asst. VPs in an eight person work group. AVP was a salary level and one of the night janitors was an AVP! The AVPs & the VP/manager would have meetings & the three peons would do the work.

todd_k said:
Rome did not become an empire by having meetings and conference calls. They did it by killing all those who opposed them. :D
Coincidentally I was on a conference call in Rome last week. I was at another company's site and hence didn't have an IP connection and therefore had to work. At least it was a videoconference with some decent scenery on the other end.

Just something that I have found useful during conferences lately. We have a good bit of "Indians" that work for us now (IT Company). Lately I've been using soundboards during my conferences to spice things up. I connect my headphones to my PC and get the volume just right. Then I find a good sounboard with alot of buttons. I just hold the headphones on the phone reciever and it sounds pretty dang good. I even had my boss thinking Arnold Schwarzenegger was on one of our capacity planning meetings!! :D

Latest posts

Back