Is there a great BIAB calculator for mashing temp, mashout temp, and sparging temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a good calculator to use to determine what temperature I should go for....
I'll brew using the BIAB method (using maris otter)..so mashing, mashout: obvious. And I'll put the spent grains in a pot with 2 gallons of clean water (I think this one is called sparging), but I'd like to know the exact temperature for this too.

Read through some threads on the BIAB sub-forum here... there are several thoughts on this. Some people use hot water, but others report good results sparging with room temp water.

Mash temp depends on the recipe. Mashout is 168°-170°F. My experience is that sparge temp for BIAB does not matter. I use cold water out of the tap (55°-60°F). I've used heated water in the past and found no difference between heated and cold. If you want to go with heated sparge water, then go with 170°F.

Checkout biabrewer.info forums the guys there have created an amazing brew calculator called BIABacus it's brilliant.

Checkout biabrewer.info forums the guys there have created an amazing brew calculator called BIABacus it's brilliant.

I googled BIABacus but I keep ending up on forums. What is the actual website? BIABacus.com doesnt exist.

Yep Geoff is spot on the biabrewer.info forums have the BIABacus spreadsheet on there. The forums are a wealth of specifically BIAB info and discussions. Great resource and community.

Back