Your favorite BAD movie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Konvel

Reaction score
I was going to bring this up in the other movie thread, but figured it'd be better off in its own thread.

So what is you favorite bad movie? That movie, in spite of how corney, over-the-top, or just plain horrible it is, you can't help but love?

My personal top two are probably
- Spaced Invaders
- Armageddom

"Nothing But Trouble" - John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Demi Moore . . . and don't forget Digital Underground.

I dunno - I love this movie and don't consider it a "bad" movie but all my friends and relatives rank it as one of the worst movies they've ever seen. The fat twins crack me up every time though . . .

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
"Nothing But Trouble" - John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Demi Moore . . . and don't forget Digital Underground.

AHU
good flick
i saw that in the theater, when chavy chase was still funny and demi moore was still hot...

ps. "i like my oatmeal lumpy..." D.U.

AHammer16 said:
That is the one where The Judge has the penis for a nose!

Yeah - he's real popular with the ladies. Every time I walk into an "adult shop" I keep an eye out for one of those things . . .

AHU

Ignoring the painfully obvious "Plan 9 From Outer Space", here are some gems:

1. Evil Dead 1, 2 and 3
2. Cannibal! The Musical
3. Shaolin Dolemite
4. Leprachaun 5: Lep In The Hood
5. Sgt Kabukiman, NYPD
6. A Polish Vampire in Burbank
7. Bambi vs. Godzilla
8. Troll 2
9. Dead Alive
10. Pink Flamingoes

Cheesefood, you named some amazing flicks. the ED flicks are all awesome, because they are so low budget, as was Dead Alive.

I would add Zombie Lake (you actually see the zombie's paint come off during the flick), Nekromantik 2 is awesome, anthing early by Peter Jackson.

GET BACK, YOU EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS!!!!

I mean, it's not bad because it was meant to be like one of those bad "B" rated movies, like "Mars Attacks" was. I think it's a fun movie, and the deleted scenes should have been left in.

Besides, who doesn't find those spider voices funny?

"Wuh-oh!" Tanker explodes.
"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow" Hanging half-off the back of a moving car

All of the B-rated Sci-Fi/Horror films fit the favorite of the worst bill. But outside of those classics are the spaghetti westerns that I really enjoyed like They Call Me Trinity with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer.

Wild

TxBrew said:
Killer Klownz from Outer Space
lol. We watched this at a friends halloween party last year. Too damn funny, but one of the girls at the party has a clown-phobia and nearly flipped when she say the "klownz". :D

Michael_Schaap said:
How about "Attack of the killer tomatoes"... have not seen it in ages.
Yeah that's a real classic along with "Amazon Women on the Moon"
Both great bad flicks which reqire an ample suppy of homebrew........

Evil dead 2 and 3 are NOT bad movies! Are you nutz? Those two movies are the best. Some one will pay for this insult!!!!

This is my booooom stick!

Evil Dead 1 and 2 were works of genius and cheese simultaneously, even if bruce campbell hates them, or the way they've typecasted him as a B movie guy...army of darkness was cheesier, but with great one liners.

1. "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" - with a pre-teen Pia Zadora

2. "Attack Of The Giant Leeches" - scared the hell out of me when I was six years old; it's laughable now.

3. "Hercules In New York" - 'The Governator' with his lines dubbed by another actor!

4. "Earth Girls Are Easy" - Gina Davis long before she was the President

5. "Roadhouse" - Crazy Swayze and a 'too-old-to-be-that-tough' Sam Elliot

far and away the greatest bad movie is "Bring It On." it is an absolutly terrible flick, but if i could i would watch it twice a day:D

1. Space Balls ........." Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was this big"

2. Airplane .............." Hey kid, ever seen a grown man naked"

3. The Jerk ............."He hates these cans! "

4. Three Amigos ......."Do you even know what a plethora is? "

Most of the movies you guys have mentioned are the movies I get sucked into late at night when I want to go to bed and end up staying up WAY to late and watching them.

I have to add to your list though . . .
Pootietang

Sudster said:
4. Three Amigos ......."Do you even know what a plethora is? "

LOL...I saw that in the theater when I was a kid. It's still as funny to me today as when I first saw it.

"Do you have anything besides Mexican?"

Sudster said:
1. Space Balls ........." Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was this big"

:eek: Space balls is a great movie! Combing the desert? thats the best scene/line from any movie ever...!:D

Pumbaa said:
Most of the movies you guys have mentioned are the movies I get sucked into late at night when I want to go to bed and end up staying up WAY to late and watching them.

I have to add to your list though . . .
Pootietang

Wada Tai, ma Dimey. Seppa Town.

I love that movie.

Kelly's Heroes.
The plot was ridiculous, the characters were nutty, but it had an all-star cast and it was a lot of fun. And "Oddball's" hippie-character anachronism in a WWII setting - the movie is definitely a period piece from 1970.

God damn it, Tremors, Evil Deads/Army of Darkness, Dead Alive are not bad movies. Now, Road House is a perfect example. Terrible but I love it.

Who said Pink Flamingos? "Favorite" is a hard word to use for this kind of stuff, but I'd say just about anything from John Waters would qualify as "some of the best of some of the worst". Yeah, it's sick but funny as hell. If you like that sort of thing.

Amazon Women On The Moon
The Monster That Challenged The World
Sssssssss
Slither
The Island Of Dr. Moreau
Space Hunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone

Not sure if it was bad enough, but I really liked Evolution :)
Regards, GF.

Back