New IPA Glassware from Dogfish/Sierra Nevada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchb

Reaction score
Looks like some new IPA glassware has hit the market from DogFish and Sierra Nevada for $9 a glass. Im diggin' it.

Click!

I saw this and I already ordered it. It's the perfect glass for me. Way too expensive but hell you only live once. I'm saving a loose cannon and Hop Wallop until this glass arrives.

looks very similar to the Sam Adams perfect pint glasses - I wonder if SA patented that design at all

Looks cool. I will say, I do dig the Sam Adam glasses, wish I could buy some without the label. (Nothing against SA, I just like logo-less glasses)

looks very similar to the Sam Adams perfect pint glasses - I wonder if SA patented that design at all

It's similar in idea but different. The SA glass was designed for their Lager. Their design base is more the weisen glass with a tulip top. This is more like a white wine glass. The only real similarity in design is the laser etched bottom which JMO should be included in any glass that costs more than 6 bucks.

Thin walls designed for maintaining temp

Round shape for aroma

Laser Etching

Wide mouth/outward turned lip

certainly close enough that SA would have a solid case if they did in fact patent it

Thin walls designed for maintaining temp

Round shape for aroma

Laser Etching

Wide mouth/outward turned lip

certainly close enough that SA would have a solid case if they did in fact patent it

Guess there is some truth to that. But they're clearly different designs. And other companies have used the laser etching as well.

IPAGlass_1.preview.jpg

get_image.aspx

They're a clear different design base.

I'm sure the combined lawyers of the 3 companies figure there's no lawsuit. Aside from the thin glass and laser etching they are basically different glasses, the Sam doesn't have the waves, the Dogfish doesn't have an outward lip. there are many differences.

SA has already sued San Tan brewery albeit the glasses looked nearly identical - it will be interesting to see how they react to this one

i agree the form is different but the function and bullet points of the glasses are very similar

if SFH/SN hadn't listed similar bullet points I think the differences would have been much more apparent than the similarities

Back