What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it when my supplies are delivered.

I got my order from Austin Homebrew!! Today's delivery was the grain bill for a kind of Yuengling clone but made as an ale, order complete with yeast and hops.
I have never brewed it before so that will be new.

Got 3 lbs of Extra Pale DME to replenish stock, and a new bottle filler.

Just like Christmas!!

My 2 door True cooler?

$200 worth of specialty malts and yeast from Morebeer. I can now officially brew any beer imaginable. Also have a sack of MO, 2-row, Pale malt, pilsner, white wheat, and a half sack of Munich.

I saw that my wife got a package from Brew Hardware... I know it's stuff for me, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Hops! Half pound of centennial, 4oz simcoe, and 4oz northern brewer.

ForumRunner_20121228_192557.jpg

3 Perlick 525SS taps with chrome shanks, a 4 port CO2 distributor, and a wye splitter. They actually showed up yesterday, but what the hey.

These will be going in the new 13 cu. ft. chest freezer I'll be converting into a keezer in the coming weeks...

Northern Brewer package with Caribou Slobber all-grain kit. I haven't bought a kit for over 6 months, but to celebrate my one year brewing anniversary I figured it was only right to brew the batch that started it all. I will be brewing it next Friday for my Carbrewsary.

I got two AG kits from Midwest Supplies; an Oktoberfest lager and an apple ale. I got a second box from Midwest Supplies addressed to me. I knew it had to be a mistake because I got everything I ordered in the first box. I opened it up and saw there were two Cologne Kolsch AG kits, one gold one dark.

I dug through and found the packing slip and it was someone else's order. I doublechecked my bank account to see if they had withdrawn money. They had not. I went to their website and did the instant chat with a representative. I told them they sent me someone else's order and gave them the order number and details. They then asked if I brewed all grain. I told them I did, and they said to enjoy my two Kolsch kits! They were going to send fresh kits to the rightful buyer.

Lucky me! Two free beer kits in the mail! Thank you Midwest Supplies!

BTW, how long are crushed grains good for? The two Kolsch kits came with crushed grain.

twalte said:
That's just cruel. I miss Chicago pizza!!!!!

It's cruel to me that I keep that picture on my phone. Along with the beer I had while there. I would never live there in a million years, but I can't wait to visit again.

A refractometer. Model RSG-32ATC, to be specific. I think it's the beefier version of the RHB-32ATC that's so popular here. It's samplin' time!

Edit: Found my Caribou Slobber is coming in at 4.3%. Disappointed now. Not sure why. :(

The wife questioned me about what arrived from Amazon today "Honey, why are you ordering sanitary lubricant?"

Keg Lube.

I will have to remember that for when my wife questions lubricant, the only problem is I don't have a keg.:smack:

I expect when I get home from work this afternoon there will be a package for me containing my new KEGGING setup!!! Finally!!

#10 sausage grinder/stuffer, casings, seasoning kit, Heavy Duty meat slicer, Vacuum sealer and an 8Qt pressure cooker. The rest of the seasonings kits and other supporting bits and pieces should arrive Tommorrow and Saturday.... Pepperoni and cured sausage making here I come!!!!
Wheelchair Bob

Bottle tree, Bottle Washer, floating thermometer, ingtredients for partial mash Pale Ale, and I am pretty sure a few other little things.

Credit card bills...

But tomorrow is another day...waiting on a grain crusher, yeast stirrer, and some draught equipment. Good times ahead ( but today...not so bueno)

Back