Popit valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerOrNot2Beer

Reaction score
Anybody had trouble getting these guys out of the body connects on a newly purchased keg? They will not budge and I don't want to do too much damage with my needle nose plyers.

Thanks

Is this a brand new keg or just a new "used" keg?
Some of the brand new ones have non removeable poppets, if it's a regular used keg use a chop stick to push it out. Sometimes it might need a good wack

I've had to use a dental pick to flick the little legs out of the groove in the bottom sometimes. Just reach up in there and kinda pull the legs to the inside.

Some of the posts are specifically designed so that the poppet will not just slide out. Huff360 is correct in what he said.

Here is what you are dealing with:

D49b.jpg

Some of the posts are specifically designed so that the poppet will not just slide out. Huff360 is correct in what he said.

Here is what you are dealing with:

D49b.jpg

I never saw an inside picture of one of these and I usually just let them get pushed up by the keg.

Now that i know how they are supposed to work I will try to get them up in there correctly.

Ha... and I have been kegging for over ten years....

So sorry.

It'll not happen again. Count on that.!

Haha -I'm going to run over and make some comments in the wiring threads just to see if I can get you to. :)

I never saw an inside picture of one of these and I usually just let them get pushed up by the keg.

Now that i know how they are supposed to work I will try to get them up in there correctly.

Ha... and I have been kegging for over ten years....

I have 10 kegs and only 1 of them does not have the little step inside the stem like that. All the others do. I stated using the pick after 'just pushing' bent one of the legs on one of my poppets.

Haha -I'm going to run over and make some comments in the wiring threads just to see if I can get you to. :)

I have 10 kegs and only 1 of them does not have the little step inside the stem like that. All the others do. I stated using the pick after 'just pushing' bent one of the legs on one of my poppets.

I have more posts than Kegs, some one gave me a "handfull" once.

...and I found the document recently and now I know why some fit and some do not.

This year I went through all of them and matched up the right parts with the right kegs. (though I have to do it again since they are mostly dissaembled again; but the document helps.

http://www.dresselbrew.com/Keg_Info.htm

Back