Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BandOfCrane.jpg

For my new pumpkin ale. A play on "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and the theory that Ichibod Crane was killed by a hurled pumpkin :)

Actually, this is the updated one with my logo worked into it.

BaneofCraneWithLogo_zps87e4c73f.jpg

In the process as brewing our first beer so I decided to go ahead and throw a label together tonight and post it up to see what you guys thought! Still dont know what to put on the left side...

StrawberryKolsch_zps2d031b69.jpg

In the process as brewing our first beer so I decided to go ahead and throw a label together tonight and post it up to see what you guys thought! Still dont know what to put on the left side...

StrawberryKolsch_zps2d031b69.jpg

For my first label, since it was the first home brew I had given many of my friends, I used that side to put a nice warning about home brewed beer having yeast at the bottom of the bottle, how to properly pour the beer, and not to drink it.

jasonsbeer

Good concept label. I would add a hint of highlight to the eye(s) and bring them up just a bit to add more life to the model.

Thanks much. Finally had the chance to look at this again and I highlighted the eyes and redid the "cow layer" so it looks more centered.

I think I have a lot of dead space. Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe it's OK to not have label that's too busy.

milkstoutlabel_new-56521.jpg

thanks.

I pulled the box from google images, and it was the best one i could find that wouldn't require shopping out water marks. otherwise, closed box all the way. a friend of mine is going to draw me up something (he has the art skillz). So the main img may change soon. Just waiting on him to assemble his drawing tablet.

I think I'm pretty close on finalizing this design.

My wife and I are expecting our first child beginning of the year, so I wanted to brew something special that could age until the child is born. For that reason I chose to do a Tripel - my first high-gravity brew. So far, the batch has gone exactly to plan. It's been in the fermenter about a month now and is going into bottles this weekend. We are waiting to find out the sex so we could have one of the biggest surprises of our lives, hence the name of the beer. And since this is a celebration of our child, I wanted to go with a fun kid theme.

All the work was done in Pixelmator for Mac (awesome app, by the way) and I have two slightly different versions of the neck labels - one for standard bottles, and another for the Belgian bottles I'm also using. The illustrations are samples from graphicriver.net, but I will be buying the vector art and swapping it out so the animals aren't blurry and free of watermarks on the final version. My plan is to simply print these out on decent paper and glue them to the bottles with a glue stick, perhaps spraying with that special Krylon stuff (sorry, don't recall the name).

Sample.jpg

I think I'm pretty close on finalizing this design.

My wife and I are expecting our first child beginning of the year, so I wanted to brew something special that could age until the child is born. For that reason I chose to do a Tripel - my first high-gravity brew. So far, the batch has gone exactly to plan. It's been in the fermenter about a month now and is going into bottles this weekend. We are waiting to find out the sex so we could have one of the biggest surprises of our lives, hence the name of the beer. And since this is a celebration of our child, I wanted to go with a fun kid theme.

All the work was done in Pixelmator for Mac (awesome app, by the way) and I have two slightly different versions of the neck labels - one for standard bottles, and another for the Belgian bottles I'm also using. The illustrations are samples from graphicriver.net, but I will be buying the vector art and swapping it out so the animals aren't blurry and free of watermarks on the final version. My plan is to simply print these out on decent paper and glue them to the bottles with a glue stick, perhaps spraying with that special Krylon stuff (sorry, don't recall the name).

Are you planning on aging this 9 months and cracking them open at birth ?

Are you planning on aging this 9 months and cracking them open at birth ?

That was the original plan, but my brewing schedule didn't work out that way. Total time from brew day to birth will be about four and a half months. Either way, I've read that's about the time the beer will start getting really good. The hydrometer samples were fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Here are two labels that I recently made for a BM's Centennial Blonde Ale. I cant decide whether the black and white with just a hint of red is the way to go or John Deer Green and Yellow is better. What do you guys think?

.... O and the name "Farmers Daughter Blonde Ale", I know it has been used over and over... and over, but my SWMBO is really a farmers daughter so i couldn't pass up on a good label. Its her and their farm in the picture.

Farmers Daughter Blonde II.jpg

Farmers Daughter Blonde.jpg

Farmers Daughter Blonde II Neck.jpg

Farmers Daughter Blonde Neck.jpg

Dmatson89 said:
Here are two labels that I recently made for a BM's Centennial Blonde Ale. I cant decide whether the black and white with just a hint of red is the way to go or John Deer Green and Yellow is better. What do you guys think?

.... O and the name "Farmers Daughter Blonde Ale", I know it has been used over and over... and over, but my SWMBO is really a farmers daughter so i couldn't pass up on a good label. Its her and their farm in the picture.

I would use the yellow border and red barn with the yellow mini labels. Either way good job

Gawddamn, seeing all the cool labels makes me want to take some art classes so I can learn how to do more than steal clipart from Google and add it to MSPaint.

Here are a couple labels I'm currently working on for my Capsicumel and Pumpkin Porter

tumblr_mb0tcoCL7l1qi0yhq.jpg

tumblr_mb0tflcg2Q1qi0yhq.jpg

:mug:

Nice labels!

Great to see a semi-local brewer on the boards

I've been slacking on my label production, but I did manage to whip up a label for our O.C.T. Oktoberfest.... which just won 1st Place Judges Choice at the latest competition we attended last Saturday! Our first 1st place, yeah!

OCTLabel.jpg

My labels are less than artistically... um good. But I get good feedback on the catch-phrases. Eventually I'll get some actual artwork done.

397077_142067959244588_1840469955_n.jpg

390650_103968873054497_1937279717_n.jpg

386175_103962623055122_20465143_n.jpg

529834_182363718548345_1195029589_n.jpg

533938_191675440950506_614557200_n.jpg

I've been slacking on my label production, but I did manage to whip up a label for our O.C.T. Oktoberfest.... which just won 1st Place Judges Choice at the latest competition we attended last Saturday! Our first 1st place, yeah!

OCTLabel.jpg

Awesome label.. looks commercially done. :mug:

Here is the label i whipped up for my pumpkin rum ale. Its a play on a few of my buddies getting picked up by the police back in high school for smashing pumpkins. a lot of photo shopping went into this one.

Smashn' Pumpkins.jpg

Smashn' Pumpkins Neck.jpg

So we decided to change up the beer that I previously posted the label for so here is the updated version. Just went with a simple Kolsch
KingKolsch_zps5c49b393.jpg

This is my latest, however not finalized! Got a black I.P.A in the secondary sitting on some oak cubes that were soaked in captain morgan's. Crossing my fingers it turns out good! Lol

image.jpg

ed5388 said:
This is my latest, however not finalized! Got a black I.P.A in the secondary sitting on some oak cubes that were soaked in captain morgan's. Crossing my fingers it turns out good! Lol

Sounds awesome! Send a bottle to Michigan for me?

Our wedding bottles in the wild. Got a great response but then again, who's going to tell you your handy work looks like crap on your wedding day?

bottles-full.jpg

Back