Weight Capacity on Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had one of those, they don't seem very sturdy, but they can hold the 7.5 gallon pot full to the top with water. I wouldn't put one much bigger on there though as 7+ gallons of boiling liquid falling over is dangerous.

I have one of those. I use a keggle and do 90 minute boils, so I have about 9 gallons of wort sitting on top. It works fine.

Might I suggest you spend a little more now and save peace of mind later?

Try this:

KAB5

This way you won't have to worry about anything you ever put on it. Up to and including a full keggle.

:cross:

I have one of those. I use a keggle and do 90 minute boils, so I have about 9 gallons of wort sitting on top. It works fine.

Thats what I use too, it works great. Besides, worst case scenario it tips over and spills you get hot wort on your toes and you sue Bayou classic for a million, retire and spend the rest of your days brewing and drinking. RDWHAHB :tank:

Might I suggest you spend a little more now and save peace of mind later?

Try this:

KAB5

This way you won't have to worry about anything you ever put on it. Up to and including a full keggle.

:cross:

very true. I have the KAB5 cooker. It's a behemoth.

Back